Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I did for years in an original archangel.

6' 2" 230lb EDC is G17 in an archangel...some times a G19.
    Many are able, few are willing .

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBeach View Post
    Run all the 9's, 26, 19, 17 and the 34 AIWB in a Zach (26).....
    CaptB, did you ever have the metal hardware on your trousers mar the top of your slide, just behind the front sight? That's the biggest shortcoming of using those ultra-comfortable minimalist holsters like the Zach, Raven II and Fixxxer... (IMHO)

To the OP, I daily-carry an RMR'd G34 in a "frankenholstered" Archangel using only the outside (trigger-side) loop -- which is Loctited to spin 360 -- and a gel cushion heel velcro'd to the inside bottom...

Since I trust Mike H. implicitly, I've ordered a PHLster Classic...
    Bob
    a.k.a. StealthNeighbor
    CRG-2 / CRG-3 / CRG-4 / HITS-8 / HRO-5 / RGF-1

"Tell me and I forget.
    Show me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn."
    --
    quote often attributed to Benjamin Franklin

"I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
    I have absolutely no issues going out in exactly the same manner."
    --
    unknown (lots of variants)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthNeighbor View Post
    CaptB, did you ever have the metal hardware on your trousers mar the top of your slide, just behind the front sight? That's the biggest shortcoming of using those ultra-comfortable minimalist holsters like the Zach, Raven II and Fixxxer... (IMHO)

To the OP, I daily-carry an RMR'd G34 in a "frankenholstered" Archangel using only the outside (trigger-side) loop -- which is Loctited to spin 360 -- and a gel cushion heel velcro'd to the inside bottom...

Since I trust Mike H. implicitly, I've ordered a PHLster Classic...
    I run my guns hard enough that a couple scuffs doesn't bother me... but that's me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ο τολμών νικά

How can you profit from the status quo, instead of complaining about it?

7.62x51, 5.56x45, .45acp, 9x19, .380acp

I carry a Suarez International Dp pro .. every day outside my normal work hours and weekends. Have a holster I designed that works with or without a belt and I can adjust the ride height. I'll wear it with t-shirts and shorts quite a bit as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Kamp
    Suarez International Tier 1 Instructor
    UTM Master Instructor Training Provider and Independent Dealer
    Kamp's Suarez International Training Schedule
    (and no, unfortunately it isn't the summer camp for our kids we all want to send them to)
    Pacific Tactical Website
    Facebook
    Twitter: @pacifictactical

"Progress comes to those who train and train; reliance on secret techniques will get you nowhere."
    Morihei Ueshiba

I've never found that. I do get a little marring on my RMR from my belt buckle tho
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I've never found that. I do get a little marring on my RMR from my belt buckle tho
    This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ο τολμών νικά

How can you profit from the status quo, instead of complaining about it?

7.62x51, 5.56x45, .45acp, 9x19, .380acp

Been carrying a G17 AIWB with the grip chopped to take G19 mags for a couple of years, pretty much every day. Holster was first a Dale Fricke Archangel, then Suarez's own Archangel 4 in G34 length. The AA4 sits a little lower than the Fricke, aiding in concealment.

I'm saving up for an S.I G34 top end to put on this frame. When I get that, that'll be my every day carry gun. With the length of the AA4 holster, I'm basically carrying a 34 anyway, so why not?

At some point in the future, I may end up getting one of Suarez's comped G19s (G19K, I think it's called). The length of it is about the same as a 34.

I'm 6'6" 244 lbs, with a 36 inch waist, and 18% bodyfat. So I can probably comfortably conceal a somewhat bigger gun than most.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

CaptB, did you ever have the metal hardware on your trousers mar the top of your slide, just behind the front sight? That's the biggest shortcoming of using those ultra-comfortable minimalist holsters like the Zach, Raven II and Fixxxer... (IMHO) .
    I put a piece of soft sticky Velcro over those spots. Works like a charm.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

I carry two RMRed 34s appendix in Archangel holsters every single day. However, I'm 6'5".
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"