Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PDW Zero?

Is there a general consensus on this subject?
    James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    From what I've seen zeros are either 10 yards or 50 yards and then just knowing your holds. We use a 10 yard zero among us here at Warriortalk and I know several gamers use 50 yards because of the occasional long range steel plate/popper and its the same as their PCC so the holds are the same.. It just comes down to what you intend the gun to be for and what holds you want to use.
    I don't want to have to account for dope under stress at close distance where I need to guarantee the shot. Are you a bench rest, bulls eye shooter or are you a gun fighter? With a 10 yard zero I can, on demand, make a 50m+ head shot and a well over 100m body shot. I don't have to dope for an eyeball shot inside those intimate distances all the way out to a fight ender shots at 50+. Since this covers the envelope of likely engagement that is the best option, hell in the last red dot class I made a 100m shot on a man sized target with the gun upside-down in my non dominant hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabalfodrows View Post
    10 yards
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Nabalfodrows View Post
    Work with 10 yds/m for a while, it should support the majority of your intended or potential engagements.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

2019 Classes:

CRG-3 Advanced Gunfighting, November 2-3 2019, Mapleton, OR

From Murphy: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GOTFX!!)

With an RMR Glock and +P 115 or 124 gr ammo, your 10 yard zero should be essentially a 50 yard zero as well, or close enough you can't tell the difference. Even with slower 147gr ammo it should be very close to right on at 50yd.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Two little points to make.
    1) the reason there isn't much data on it is because we're the only people in the gun and gun training world that think a 100M pistol shot is reasonable, nobody else even really tests it.
    2) You may want to follow the suggestions of the folks that have been working/training/testing with the RDS pistol for around a decade and go with a 10-15M zero. We may know a little something on the subject. Just sayin'
    hes-right-youknow-30670987.png
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Train with Payne 2019

AK RIFLE GUNFIGHTING - OCT 26-27, 2019 HOUSTON, TX

Listen to the experts. I was making hits on steel at about 200yds with a Glock 43, just zero normally (10yds).
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Another here for the 10 yard zero. Besides exactly what Greg was saying about not having to think about dope, I think there is the benefit of being able to get a super tight zero at say 10 yards over 50. I am no where near as proficient as many of the guys here so I may be off base but at 10 yards and the small adjustment capabilities of the RMR make for a real nice tight zero. As Gabe says, thatís eyeball shots in every distance within my house. Can I get that precise with a 50 yard zero? No I personally cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacked out View Post
    Another here for the 10 yard zero. Besides exactly what Greg was saying about not having to think about dope, I think there is the benefit of being able to get a super tight zero at say 10 yards over 50. I am no where near as proficient as many of the guys here so I may be off base but at 10 yards and the small adjustment capabilities of the RMR make for a real nice tight zero. As Gabe says, that’s eyeball shots in every distance within my house. Can I get that precise with a 50 yard zero? No I personally cannot.
    With Suarez parts and a bit of practice you should be able to cloverleaf at 10 yards
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Blacked out View Post
    Another here for the 10 yard zero. Besides exactly what Greg was saying about not having to think about dope, I think there is the benefit of being able to get a super tight zero at say 10 yards over 50. I am no where near as proficient as many of the guys here so I may be off base but at 10 yards and the small adjustment capabilities of the RMR make for a real nice tight zero. As Gabe says, that’s eyeball shots in every distance within my house. Can I get that precise with a 50 yard zero? No I personally cannot.
    You guys are still missing the fact that a 10 yard zero is essentially the same as a 50 yard zero. It doesn't matter what you call it.