Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    The lady apparently had a cell phone which might have been mistaken for a weapon

http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...d/434975623/#1
    Only by a cringing, tactically illiterate moron hired only to fill a quota that didn't belong writing parking tickets much less in a patrol car.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'll just say that the average IQ of Somalis is 64, which in the US is considered challenged or special needs.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Good points, but indicative of the shittiest of training and a total lack of tactical considerations. If you went to a call you thought might be an ambush, I doubt you nor i would simply "drive right up".
    Youre right, we would be looking to ambush the ambusher even if it meant walking an extra block while my partner set the scene (need to get out of the box anyway)

Selection standards are a sliding scale in some depts. and you end up with more "fear biters" than war dogs as a result. Mental bandwidth, both scope and speed is a critical aspect of this job.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

1. Was in MSP April 2016. Did not like what I saw. Large homeless population, panhandlers, human feces on the sidewalks in the hotel district and a third world feel that was in marked contrast to the "Party On" cornfeds wandering in from the outlands. My ride to the airport asked if I was carrying my service weapon and told us that if anyone intentionally stepped in front of the car he was going to run him down. Much more fun than taking the shuttle.
    2. Spot on with the MDT comments. What makes it interesting in my AO is sharing the air with two city agencies who collectively need to drink a big, fat, high test cup of STFU. You can't get the air when you need it. Our radios suck, too, but I'm trying to comment rationally just now so I won't go there. This is not the time to talk about unreliable MDTs, except to comment that as a profession we are paralyzed by our commo. I try to fold mine down unless I'm 10-6.
    3. Gabe, absolutely right about "driving right up." The challenge is creating distance from the chaos--visual, auditory, mental distraction--so that you can fully evaluate what you're enroute to. I wonder how many LEO enroute to a sketchy call tell themselves, "This is the day I get into a gunfight?"
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 2, 13. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    1. Was in MSP April 2016. Did not like what I saw. Large homeless population, panhandlers, human feces on the sidewalks in the hotel district and a third world feel that was in marked contrast to the "Party On" cornfeds wandering in from the outlands. My ride to the airport asked if I was carrying my service weapon and told us that if anyone intentionally stepped in front of the car he was going to run him down. Much more fun than taking the shuttle.
    2. Spot on with the MDT comments. What makes it interesting in my AO is sharing the air with two city agencies who collectively need to drink a big, fat, high test cup of STFU. You can't get the air when you need it. Our radios suck, too, but I'm trying to comment rationally just now so I won't go there. This is not the time to talk about unreliable MDTs, except to comment that as a profession we are paralyzed by our commo. I try to fold mine down unless I'm 10-6.
    3. Gabe, absolutely right about "driving right up." The challenge is creating distance from the chaos--visual, auditory, mental distraction--so that you can fully evaluate what you're enroute to. I wonder how many LEO enroute to a sketchy call tell themselves, "This is the day I get into a gunfight?"
    Not meant to be thread drift.

I play this in almost all of my classes, as well as the radio audio of trying to get airtime on one of my OIS while another agency was tying up airtime on a loud music call (we also share the dispatch center with two local and two state agencies)

https://youtu.be/mFiT57eG82s
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Looks like the Somali cop already had three complaints against him, including a pending assault claim.

http://www.startribune.com/what-we-k...d/435018163/#1

I play this in almost all of my classes, as well as the radio audio of trying to get airtime on one of my OIS while another agency was tying up airtime on a loud music call (we also share the dispatch center with two local and two state agencies)

https://youtu.be/mFiT57eG82s

Still laughing.

Tomorrow's roll call for sure. Or should we watch it on our MDTs, preferably while driving?

On the lawsuit against Noor: unless there's more, looks like a standard control tactic in dealing with an EDP.
    Last edited by Papa; 07-18-2017 at 09:16 AM.

1, 2, 13. And a wakeup.

Papa

And most frustrating is a "we do it differently now" attitude from the new generation. A gunfight in 2017 has the same dynamics as in 1978.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Papa

And most frustrating is a "we do it differently now" attitude from the new generation. A gunfight in 2017 has the same dynamics as in 1978.
    Damnit, yes. Stripped down to essentials--take away the radios, MDTs, cell phones, verbal judo, politics right and left, velcro, gadgets and attitude:

1. It's a FIGHT and
    2. It's a fight with GUNS.

Sorry. Old, tired and overcaffeinated. Should be my new tagline.

1, 2, 13. And a wakeup.

So where are all the protests against this obvious case of racial profiling??? Don't white womens' lives matter? Ooops, cop was a muslim, sorry, I forgot, women don't matter.
    First I saw of this was here on WT, a small side note was on CNN, nothing though compared to the notoriety that shitstain criminal pos mike brown from Missouri received.