Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I havent kept registry for a few years since it isnt required here.... but from what i recall you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by reforger2002 View Post
    I'm a little confused on the CE for registry - seems there are two options - pay to take the exam in two years or keep track of CE hours on my own and be able to provide documentation if audited?

F taking the test again, and paying for the privilege. Take a few classes or seminars and keep a few records. Find out what they accept as CEs Frankly Ive never heard of anyone getting audited; but I'm sure its possible. You might even organize some "in house" training at the Volunteer House that meets standards. Its been a long time since my paramedic days; but seem to recall doing CPR recert counted as CE credits.

Oh and congrats on passing

Passed NREMT-P several yrs ago, since retired. 25 in the class, 7 divorces or breakups, including me. over have the class got IP (instructor potential) in BTLS, but lowest average for the class on the NR exam was Trauma. Go figure. BTW, the class was two semesters, 2 nights a week. Intense.

CONGRATS!!
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    F taking the test again, and paying for the privilege. Take a few classes or seminars and keep a few records. Find out what they accept as CEs Frankly Ive never heard of anyone getting audited; but I'm sure its possible. You might even organize some "in house" training at the Volunteer House that meets standards. Its been a long time since my paramedic days; but seem to recall doing CPR recert counted as CE credits.

Oh and congrats on passing

thanks man - since it's a 'clinical' designation I can actually take work time to do CE and even get reimbursed for some of it - not taking that !@#$ test again would be great

I actualky do know at least two people who got audited, so it's not like it never happens.

Second what these guys said about keeping track of your hours. Like enter them on the NREMT website right away.

Also check out what you can count. Teaching CPR counts (up to some number of hours); some college courses count; etc.

Good job, congratulations. Working on a truck is about as much fun as they have ever let me have.

I was a nationally registered EMT intermediate with acls, atls, in the early to mid 90s, i was offered a job with a reference lab and was making twice the money.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk