Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY OF VICTORY IN DEFENSE.

Steinbeck wrote those words. THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY OF VICTORY IN DEFENSE.

Hard to believe, but true. As the American Gun Society becomes more and more enmeshed in the morass of fear promoted by those instructors who have never known the exhilaration of personal battle, or had another man in the sights, and pressed off the shot, I bring you this...from an old friend who knows the real deal.

Reaction of former Cleveland Irish-American gangster Danny Green - and an ex-Marine - in 1972 to being ambushed by a mob contract killer...

1972 Danny Greene.jpg
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Winning defensively only works if the person quits, decides it isn't worth it, cops are coming. You can't rely your life and others on the presumption that someone is just willing to quit and walk away. To me that seems like losing tactics. Anything be it business or war there is always defense and offense. It's the ones that can transition well to both, and recognize when to do so.

"L'audace, L'audace! Tojours L'audace!"
    OTOC

Warrior for the working day.

"One pistol is worth a thousand words."

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"Kill The Irishman" is a must watch. Green was a bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember who said it "The battle cannot be won by the shield alone". Kind of fits in here.
    Is God Politically Correct? If not should you be? - F. Huff -- God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne. - B. Graham -- No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority. - Robert A. Heinlein

That's why I don't like to use the words 'defense', 'defensive', and the like in writing when I don't have to. I prefer the term 'counter-offensive' nowadays. The 'defensive' meme is dangerous, the way it's worked its way into people's heads.
    Si vis pacem, para violentus.

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."--Marshall Foch

Defense is ok, like I didn't see the guy coming, he swung at my face. In defense I bobbed my head back(defense) and countered him right in the temple. That would be defense with an offensive counter. Or, I heard a noise. I jumped out of bed went straight to my kids rooms to make sure they were ok(defense). Upon defending my children in there room I heard a creek in the floor in front of the door. I immediately walked to the door in high ready and proactively ambushed the bad gun in my hallway with 3 shots to his face.

'Defense', 'Defensive' is also a mindset that the 'Lion' does not use to win the day. Attack, Attack, Attack! That is how the fight is carried to the critter that intends us harm. Sometimes, it takes a moment to OODA and make the best/fastest selection to reorient and make aggression king.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

"The best defense is a good offense."

You may quote me, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
    "The best defense is a good offense."

You may quote me, of course.
    That's why I work so hard on being offensive
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.