Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I don't see you as being an Asshole in that situation.

I had the front sight fall off my Glock 17 on the first day of a three day class. My friend brought his Glock 22 as a backup so I stole the slide, put my barrel in it, and finished the class even though one of the instructors said it wouldn't work.

One of my favorite quotes from that class was "Unfuck yourself and get back in the fight".
    ‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’ — Unknown

"Surround your self with the following things and you will lead a pretty rewarding and satisfied life, God, Family, Good Friends, Good Food, Good Beer/Wine."

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper75 View Post
    I don't see you as being an Asshole in that situation.

I had the front sight fall off my Glock 17 on the first day of a three day class. My friend brought his Glock 22 as a backup so I stole the slide, put my barrel in it, and finished the class even though one of the instructors said it wouldn't work.

One of my favorite quotes from that class was:

"Unfuck yourself and get back in the fight".
    Y
    This ^^^^^^ admonition has a place right next to "GOTF'nX"
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

Upcoming classes:
    CRG-2, 21-22 Oct. 2017, Reno, NV

Right after the academy I carried a Benchmade Nimravus behind my mag pouch. A Sgt. asked me what it was for. I gave the politically correct answer of "cutting seatbelts". He said, "We don't do that here." I asked what he meant. He said he heard me say, "Cutting Psychos." I told him what I actually said but added, "Your idea works, too." He didn't talk to me for weeks and actually avoided eye contact almost every shift. Fast forward to Qualification day...after every string when my pistol went dry, I drew my knife and stood ready. Only 2 people noticed. The Range Master (Lt. and SWAT Commander) and THAT Sgt. The Sgt. started to chew my ass for being dangerous on the line. The Lt. jumped in and chewed the Sgt's. ass for being dangerous in the field. After that, the majority of our little dept. had a knife on them somewhere.
    If you knew you would fight for your life tomorrow, would it change the way you train today?

Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Train today for the things that others won't so tomorrow you can do what others can't

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    NOT being allowed to carry a back up, it never came up; but I did charge a target once, when I had a malfunction. I stabbed it with my pen--does that count? .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ScNLt2zNc

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    Saw a posting on here a few years ago about a member and his partner working in Eastern Europe where a pen was used to ventilate a BG's throat after it had been sharpened up by dragging it along a brick wall while running away from said BG.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017