Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 or 19

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I haven't even seen the paperwrork yet, I may not need it in Georgia. It sounds to me you just go down and fill out the paperwork and you get one. But I don't know, I thought you needed serial #s on all of them.
    In Georgia? You are in God's Country, son. You won't need any serial numbers.

My general advice is a 19 for a first gun. Then a 17 or 34. Then a 43. Then start over again.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Seems to me Id want a G34 and a G19; but that's just me....
    Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    My general advice is a 19 for a first gun. Then a ... 34. Then a 43. Then start over again.
    x1000
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Personal issue. The 19's grip ends right in the middle of my pinkie, and I'm much better with the full-size (or a 26, where my finger curls under). Remember that the purpose of this whole thing is to get hits, and choose accordingly.
    I have a 19 and a 17. 19 was my first gun and our hands must be the exact same size as the 19s grip ends in the middle of my pinky too. The 17 i like to shoot more but the 19 is a little more concealable

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Personal issue. The 19's grip ends right in the middle of my pinkie, and I'm much better with the full-size (or a 26, where my finger curls under). Remember that the purpose of this whole thing is to get hits, and choose accordingly.
    Get the SI mag well. It'll force and hold your hand higher on the 19. It was an unexpected side benefit when I put mine on.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Get the SI mag well. It'll force and hold your hand higher on the 19. It was an unexpected side benefit when I put mine on.
    this!!!! When plainclothes that is my setup makes Yuge difference in the overall feel.

I should add that this was built as a minimalist approach, got lucky that the co-witness works, and the gun doesnt see the same kind of operational wear that it would on patrol (thats why my patrol guys use RMR) I still have a few RMR pistols, but this one has been riding lately since I got someone else to agree to take the 10mm for the team.

This setup gives me light, dot, high grip on the stock (the magwell) in a very compact package for plainclothes use.

Get me away from the office on a call-out or if I went back to patrol its a glock 34 with rmr and light x300 with pressure switch.

Find the right tool for conditions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coastalcop; 07-17-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

19 with extension if need be to curb the pinky hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    In Georgia? You are in God's Country, son. You won't need any serial numbers.
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, CRG - 3; 8/12 - 8/14/16; RGF - 2; 7/15 -7/16/17
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris

I'll jump on the 19 band wagon for a carry gun. It's easier to conceal here in Florida with the attire we wear and you can always carry an extra 17 mag for the extra rounds. I have smallish hands and the 19 fits like a glove, your mileage may vary. Also, since I lost a bunch of weight, AIWB carry is now not only possible, but preferred for comfort and utility. A 19 disappears on my waistline now!

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I haven't even seen the paperwrork yet, I may not need it in Georgia. It sounds to me you just go down and fill out the paperwork and you get one. But I don't know, I thought you needed serial #s on all of them.
    Chad... definitely dont have to register anything in Georgia... hell you can get a CCW with a background check and some money to the GA Dept of Revenue... which BTW handles marriage licenses and carry licenses LOL.

I vote G19... I don't even shoot any of my other pistols anymore...I don't want to spoil myself or squander any little bit of live fire time.

I have 2 RMR G17's. One has the grip cut down to 19 length. I tend to carry it more often, but either one works.

Usually the full size one is pressed into PDW service.

I have a G19, but it is my wife's bedside gun.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

H. L. Mencken