Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First use of sound/vibrational weapon? Destroys stone walls and drives men crazy.

First I've heard of this, great thread, and opinions. I love being enlightened.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
    I kneel for no man and pray to only one God; Jesus Christ.

تدريب لتكون في نهاية المطاف الأمريكي الكافر

CRG 09/2012, TMCO 11/2012, RGF I 09/2013, ACRG 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by M1A's r Best View Post
    First use of sound/vibrational weapon? Destroys stone walls and drives men crazy.
    I believe the weapon was first used in Joshua 6, with dramatic results. (Hint: The full service innkeeper survived.)

John W in SC

The 300 chosen lifted the water in their hand like a dog bowl so they could watch the surroundings as they drank water. Thus they were able to keep their eyes on the lookout.The rest got on their knees and placed their faces directly into the water, thus ignoring the dangers around them. See the underlined verse below.

But the Lord said to Gideon, “There are still too many men. Take them down to the water, and I will thin them out for you there. If I say, ‘This one shall go with you,’ he shall go; but if I say, ‘This one shall not go with you,’ he shall not go.”

5 So Gideon took the men down to the water. There the Lord told him, “Separate those who lap the water with their tongues as a dog laps from those who kneel down to drink.” 6Three hundred of them drank from cupped hands, lapping like dogs. All the rest got down on their knees to drink.

Additional information

When these men go down to the stream to drink, they will have to get down on their knees, since it is not possible to drink any other way. The issue is not who kneels and who stands, but who will cup his hands and bring water to his mouth, and who will not. Those who bowed down on their knees to drink, but did not cup their hands to bring the water into their mouth, but put their faces into the water, were sent home. Those who lapped with their tongues as a dog laps, stayed. Thus Gideon was given instruction on how to select men for his special cutting-edge forces. Those who were kept appeared to be the ones who bowed on their knees, but cupped their hands to bring up and drink the water from their hands, showing they were ready for any sudden attack . . .
    Those who lifted the water to their mouth with their hands represented the good soldiers who, upon reaching a brook before the battle, did not allow themselves time to fall down and satisfy their thirst in the most convenient manner. These good solders simply knelt, took up some water with their hands as they remained upright in their military armor to strengthen themselves for the battle, and they proceeded without delay against the foe. The remained watchful and prepared for any emergency. - Excerpt from Ariel's Bible Commentary on the Book of Judges
    God chose 300 soldiers because those were the men who passed the two tests. The first test reduced Gideon's army from 32,000 to 10,000 (Judges 7:2-3). This disqualified the fearful. The second test reduced the army down to 300 after disqualifying the careless.
    Last edited by JJ1; 07-21-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson