Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by whirlibird View Post
    Okay, how does changing the charging handle improve feeding?
    Or extraction?
    Please visit my thread entitled 'How I pimped my S&W M&P 15 Sport 2' for further data.
    The 2cd Amendment has no technological cut off date!
    The extermination of Islam before my dhimmitude!
    8-10-3 forever!
    The operative formerly known as Pug Puppy
    COBRA!

Okay, report:

I had today off from work, and under any other circumstances it`d be too late and I`d be too tired to function check the rifle after getting home. I loaded the factory mag with 10 rounds of Federal`s 55-grain FMJ .223 and since I was only checking function and not precision, set up for an offhand shot at about 10 yards. I was concerned that I may run into failures to feed as the magazine acted finicky but it fed flawlessly. All 10 rounds fed, fired and ejected uniformly, about 3 feet to my right (I`d be concerned had they been landing to my left!) at approximately 3:45. I just finished cleaning it and it`s back on the rack.
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Put a carry strap on it, get some magazines and ammo. Then go get a training class or two ( if needed) and shoot the piss out of it.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

If I had an A1 upper, I'd go with a fixed full length stock and a GI sling and call it done.

Funny this thread gets a revival now, yesterday I scored a used MOE SL stock for it, and it now wears one of the "Marine Issue Slings" by Raines. I`m still thinking about B5 keymod handguards with a flashlight and calling it good.
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb