Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I've used the Buffalo Bore HOT .45-70's, but for routine use/multipurpose loading, the Hornady Leverevolution with the flex tip are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sherman House
    Instructor - Tactical Response Inc.

444 marlin is no slouch either. I'd choose 45-70 over it as its more common. I mention it as a friend uses his for moose.

we should use the best rifles we can get, while remaining handy with our next best options.

I don't need another levergun... I don't need another levergun....

No really... I got all of them out of the house when I moved the .45colt matched rifle/pistol out.... leverguns bring friends... and they are hard go get to leave....

I don't need another levergun...

Still tempted to SBR one of the ranch hand/ mares leg 357's and have someone thread the barrel. It would be an expensive toy with minimal practical use. But damn, it would be fun.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    Still tempted to SBR one of the ranch hand/ mares leg 357's and have someone thread the barrel. It would be an expensive toy with minimal practical use. But damn, it would be fun.
    Hahaha you aren't the only one....

60981d1482252963-xmas-came-early-peterp_007a.jpg

I really don't need another lever gun...

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Hahaha you aren't the only one....
    maxresdefault.jpg

yes, another reason I don't NEED another lever gun....

Quote Originally Posted by m48shooter View Post
    maxresdefault.jpg

yes, another reason I don't NEED another lever gun....
    Oh man that hurts, now to decide what cartridge--38Spl would be quite, 44 or 45 would be cool; but I think Id want to lean towards 444, or 45-70, or 30-30.....Of course If I used a BLR, heavier modern cartridges are do-able and theres no mag tube to hassle the chopping...

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Oh man that hurts, now to decide what cartridge--38Spl would be quite, 44 or 45 would be cool; but I think Id want to lean towards 444, or 45-70, or 30-30.....Of course If I used a BLR, heavier modern cartridges are do-able and theres no mag tube to hassle the chopping...
    I'm going 357 (if/ when). Hard and heavy loads of when wanted. Slow and quiet when needed. That said I know I've read about some super heavy, subsonic 45/70 loads...
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

well I have a few second tier guns up for trade for a decent lever gun on the office trading board. I'll let fate decide if it's a 45colt, .357, 30-30 or 45-70. Any or all have their uses... but I'm sure I'll put a ghost on it, thread it for the can and go from there....

Thanks for rekindling the lust of lever guns Boss...