Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    371
    I've used the Buffalo Bore HOT .45-70's, but for routine use/multipurpose loading, the Hornady Leverevolution with the flex tip are great.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sherman House
    Instructor - Tactical Response Inc.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    175
    444 marlin is no slouch either. I'd choose 45-70 over it as its more common. I mention it as a friend uses his for moose.

    we should use the best rifles we can get, while remaining handy with our next best options.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    91
    I don't need another levergun... I don't need another levergun....

    No really... I got all of them out of the house when I moved the .45colt matched rifle/pistol out.... leverguns bring friends... and they are hard go get to leave....

    I don't need another levergun...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    McKinney
    Posts
    1,226
    Still tempted to SBR one of the ranch hand/ mares leg 357's and have someone thread the barrel. It would be an expensive toy with minimal practical use. But damn, it would be fun.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Once Free State
    Posts
    12,088
    Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    Still tempted to SBR one of the ranch hand/ mares leg 357's and have someone thread the barrel. It would be an expensive toy with minimal practical use. But damn, it would be fun.
    Hahaha you aren't the only one....

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    91
    60981d1482252963-xmas-came-early-peterp_007a.jpg

    I really don't need another lever gun...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Hahaha you aren't the only one....
    maxresdefault.jpg


    yes, another reason I don't NEED another lever gun....

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Once Free State
    Posts
    12,088
    Quote Originally Posted by m48shooter View Post
    maxresdefault.jpg


    yes, another reason I don't NEED another lever gun....
    Oh man that hurts, now to decide what cartridge--38Spl would be quite, 44 or 45 would be cool; but I think Id want to lean towards 444, or 45-70, or 30-30.....Of course If I used a BLR, heavier modern cartridges are do-able and theres no mag tube to hassle the chopping...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    McKinney
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Oh man that hurts, now to decide what cartridge--38Spl would be quite, 44 or 45 would be cool; but I think Id want to lean towards 444, or 45-70, or 30-30.....Of course If I used a BLR, heavier modern cartridges are do-able and theres no mag tube to hassle the chopping...
    I'm going 357 (if/ when). Hard and heavy loads of when wanted. Slow and quiet when needed. That said I know I've read about some super heavy, subsonic 45/70 loads...
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    91
    well I have a few second tier guns up for trade for a decent lever gun on the office trading board. I'll let fate decide if it's a 45colt, .357, 30-30 or 45-70. Any or all have their uses... but I'm sure I'll put a ghost on it, thread it for the can and go from there....

    Thanks for rekindling the lust of lever guns Boss...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •