Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Rack of Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf View Post
    Prioritize!

I know you, your situation and your collection.

You need good night vision, better commo, more medical supplies, water purification and storage and food storage at least a week's worth. If things have gone so far that you need to arm anyone who shows up, you'll need the logistics to stay in the fight!

What you have on hand is sufficient for what you describe although you can't ever get enough ammo or mags!

Sure, buy now while the AR market is saturated and prices are at rock bottom but, AFTER you have your other supplies squared away.
    A week's supply of food is not enough. Instead of a rack of ARs and million rounds of ammo. An AK or AR or two with 10,000 plus rd of ammo plus maybe a few other guns and ammo is enough to take of care of most of the defense or even offensive scenarios. Your neighbors are likely to be your closest competitors, especially if there is no food and you have it. World famine for a year or so is possible. I have not done it yet, but a year's supply of food for me and my dogs is the goal. The first month would be good eating/tasting food. If food still was not there dry rice and beans. They store well, are reasonably cheap, and consumed together have most of the proteins and amino acids that are essential. Vitamin pills, seeds, and other things can be hoarded also. Bleach or boiling for water purification if you do not have a safe well.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Remember this: "The shelter" from the twilight zone

Do you really want to arm your neighbors?

shelter.jpg
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    A week's supply of food is not enough. Instead of a rack of ARs and million rounds of ammo. An AK or AR or two with 10,000 plus rd of ammo plus maybe a few other guns and ammo is enough to take of care of most of the defense or even offensive scenarios. Your neighbors are likely to be your closest competitors, especially if there is no food and you have it. World famine for a year or so is possible. I have not done it yet, but a year's supply of food for me and my dogs is the goal. The first month would be good eating/tasting food. If food still was not there dry rice and beans. They store well, are reasonably cheap, and consumed together have most of the proteins and amino acids that are essential. Vitamin pills, seeds, and other things can be hoarded also. Bleach or boiling for water purification if you do not have a safe well.
    Agreed on all points but, a week is a starting point. I should have said you can't have ever have enough supplies of all kinds.
    From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away; you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear. Havamal 38

NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Certified Armorer, Gunsmith, Veteran.