Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why did you chose your frame size?

With the newest ATF opinion on "redesign" my order is in at S.I. for the Endo kit. Since it will be matched to an ISSUED caliber it will be a 40.
    I want to hear from those of you who chose the 19/23 frame over the 17/22 since the Endo is just as tall with either frame
    I was originally going to build it on the 19/23 because it's what I have. I don't have a Glock 17/22 or any Glock 22 mags go right from 23 mags to happy sticks.
    I have no problem getting a 22 if you can convince me it is better.
    With Gabe's new universal red dot plate once the red dot (RMR-06) and rear sight are on the plate it will go on either 23/22 so that makes trying both frames easy.

No matter which frame I end up using I see this as a permanent weapon change, it will get the safety installed and unless that can easily be reversed the gun will no longer be used a EDC carry pistol, but as a bedside/vehicle gun only with the endo to serve as a reminder of the new manual of arms, (the extended mag release is on the order too).

Waiting on the wisdom of the tribe!

If you're going to have a dedicated PDW, there's no reason not to go with a full size frame.

The only reason to use a smaller frame is if the gun isn't intended to be dedicated to the PDW role.

I can see using a 19/23 in order to get the shortest possible PDW but...really, just get an extra 22 and dedicate it.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

The 19/23 will require modification to the ENDO.

Others will disagree (I'm sure); but for me I like a full size pistol as the base to build a PDW--especially a dedicated PDW. The mid size guns (G19 et'al) are just about prefect for CCW carry, and I'm sure they can work as a PDW; but I prefer a full size. If I was seriously thinking a G22, then Id probably go with a G35 and use a 357SIG barrel for a really bitchin PDW

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Others will disagree (I'm sure); but for me I like a full size pistol as the base to build a PDW--especially a dedicated PDW. The mid size guns (G19 et'al) are just about prefect for CCW carry, and I'm sure they can work as a PDW; but I prefer a full size. If I was seriously thinking a G22, then Id probably go with a G35 and use a 357SIG barrel for a really bitchin PDW
    I'm kinda in the same boat. For a PDW there's no real reason not to have a full size, I'd use it with Hi-cap mags anyway rather than standard so you'll shell out some cash for those anyway.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I have several Endo/KAK braces. All of them are drilled to accommodate a G19 if needed but they all have a dedicated full-size frame that lives on them.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

What the others said.

If its dedicated then there isnt a reason not too use a full sized frame. The only reason I can think to use it with a 19 is if the idea is to use it to augment ones carry gun if there was time to attach it and the idea is to keep weight or space to a minimum for some specific reason.

Modification to make it fit a 19 just means drilling another hole.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

many people don't have the patience, ability, or skill set to modify the endo to a 19/23 frame. Its designed to work with a 17/22, which as an already prolific firearm, makes the PDW kit an accessory to the frame rather than making the frame an afterthought to the kit

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    What the others said.

If its dedicated then there isnt a reason not too use a full sized frame. The only reason I can think to use it with a 19 is if the idea is to use it to augment ones carry gun if there was time to attach it and the idea is to keep weight or space to a minimum for some specific reason.

Modification to make it fit a 19 just means drilling another hole.
    its a little more than that to make it run the same way it would on a 17 frame. You would need to re-cut/shape the angle of the base to seat anything other than the 15rd mag into it

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

here's one modified for a WT'r
    endo19.jpg

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI