Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: A dead horse

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Metro View Post
    I really wish somebody would build a .460 in a lever action..I've thought about getting a 45-70..but would really like to have a compatible pistol/rifle combo.
    If only I were king...I would cause it to be so..LOL
    I have a stainless steel Rossi 92 in 454 Cassull, completely worked over for SASS competition, tuned, polished and with all breakable parts upgraded by a gunsmith who specializes in that rifle. Light, accurate and reliable as sunrise - I've put thousands of scored rounds down range with it in competition. Currently I can run it faster across a 10 plate rack than my M4, and have outshot M4s with it in a cops and cowboys fun shoot. But in the real world if I didn't solve the problem in 10 shots I better have something to transition to while I run for cover.

Relating to the original post, while it probably wouldn't be my first choice as the "one gun" to bug out with, I'm pretty sure that (with a mix of 454, 45+P defensive loads and light 45 SASS ammo) using the right tactics and avoiding any engagements over 100yds I could make it work.
    Jim H

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    870 12 gauge pump with 20" barrel and rifle sights, extended magazine ammo load of 7 1/2 shot, deer slugs, and buckshot. The odds of me only taking one gun are very slim
    I have made do with this combination for many years!
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

Not sure why all this concern for only one gun. I have no less than three on / with me while on duty. I know I can carry that many (at least) if SHTF. No reason to visualize otherwise.
    If you knew you would fight for your life tomorrow, would it change the way you train today?

Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Train today for the things that others won't so tomorrow you can do what others can't