Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    you are over thinking the concept, i am simply in the notion of redesigning an existing thing for what you are talking about, as said before there are two different styles that im thinking of
    one, would look similar to this, however, redesigned for holster and yet cleaning reasons
    Attachment 52944
    Any way the design could allow a field strip?

Quote Originally Posted by khadga View Post
    Any way the design could allow a field strip?
    for THIS version, the forward plate would be a screw on piece, two screws right up front, so maintaining consistent pressure on the frame wont lead to any issues, but again that particular version wouldnt be designed with field stripping in mind

the OTHER version in my head would look similar to The Honor Guard pistol if your familiar with it, but rail mounted and would sit forward about the same as a surefire x300

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I'd be interested to see that. The former, especially that Arms Room design, looks pretty damn cool, but equal utility with field strip capability makes more sense to me even if it's kind of ugly.

I was hoping for something that would fit a G19 and still allow you to use a holster for a 17.

Looking at it, could you thread and slot a slightly overlength guiderod and mount to that (screw into thread and index on slot, it could also use the barrel OD or front sight as an index point as well. This would keep all other parameters likely to influence holster clearance to the same dimensions as a 17 if used on a 19, or a 34 if used on a 17.

Original thought that brought this on was using a 17 steel guiderod in a 19 to create standoff, surface area though is more likely to penetrate and still cause an out of battery condition. one of the innate advantaged to weaponlights that extend 1/2 inch or so beyond the muzzle.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Nothing on a guide rod, period. A guide rod has to be able to move slightly forward for the gun to cycle. The idea is to still be able to get multiple shots off while maintaining forward pressure, not fire once then need to hand cycle. Also the product(s) I have in mind are already in rough sketch, I am trying to determine if its worth it as a product for us to invest in.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI