Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Killing within the law. Any plans on doing this class again in 2018?

Just curious if you might be doing this class again in 2018? Seems like it went pretty well.
    I am in a sunny place full of shady people

Quite likely but to do it correctly we will have to expand the time and price will undoubtedly go up.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Quite likely but to do it correctly we will have to expand the time and price will undoubtedly go up.
    Might this be an option for online class, if appropriate? Would certainly open up the audience and allow more of us to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Froghalla View Post
    Might this be an option for online class, if appropriate? Would certainly open up the audience and allow more of us to attend.
    I'd be in for that!

I'm interested, too. Would like to see it in the mid-Atlantic area but east of the big river would be OK.

Perhaps other instructors would disagree, but having taught his course in part I believe the content is extremely provocative and some vetting needs to be done regarding attendees.

I don't see a video or on-line course working, but that's just me.

I believe Gabe already covered this aspect.

I also don't think some people understand minute differences in conduct and consequences. This isn't rocket science but advanced "intellectual getting off the X"requires some intellect....hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 06-23-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    Perhaps other instructors would disagree, but having taught his course in part I believe the content is extremely provocative and some vetting needs to be done regarding attendees.
    Having been there, I agree. It's not just the attendees. It's the potential for misinterpretation if there isn't extreme clarity in the reception. I'd think you'd want to look people in the eye and make sure they understand the nuance and the layers of the onion that are in play. Second, there are portions of this that are essentially the old choir practice discussions. I'm not sure that SI would want people hither and yon to be so equipped. It would seem to open SI to all sorts of issues.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

I had thought this was probably the case. As with all the SI courses I've taken, the take-always are far more than the information presented. I too would think a virtual attndee would be short changing themselves in a very big way. I'm not one who would want to miss out the more I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post

I don't see a video or on-line course working, but that's just me.

I believe Gabe already covered this aspect.

I also don't think some people understand minute differences in conduct and consequences. This isn't rocket science but advanced "intellectual getting off the X"requires some intellect....hope this makes sense.
    Vetted face-to-face increases value and understanding, reduces liability and misinformation. A serious personal and professional investment of self, time, and money.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy: "If it looks stupid and it works, it ain't stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Demosthenes View Post
    Vetted face-to-face increases value and understanding, reduces liability and misinformation. A serious personal and professional investment of self, time, and money.
    I totally agree.

I attended the short course of 'Killing Within the Law' in 2016, as well as this full day format, just recently. I learned a great deal from both and fully understand that there is so much that
    could not be covered. Face-to-face is where this particular subject matter shines, as the importance of fully understanding the nuance of the material is key and the ongoing Q & A is essential.

This is easily a two day course. I would gladly attend a longer format course and find that it is fully worth my time and money. I think that it is also important to keep the concepts of this course
    fresh and alive within one's Warrior being. Living the 'story'.... Observations and Articulation of the pre-fight cues.... What happens after the 'fight'....
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School