Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hearing Protection Act on HOLD

The act was supposed to go to sub committee on Wednesday (the day of the shooting of Representative Scalise). Now its on HOLD. Any hearings (pun intended) are canceled until further notice.

IF it ever goes forward it will contain these provisions:

Sec. 1702: Removing suppressors from the National Firearms Act, subjecting them to the same instant NICS background check as long guns, and issuing a refundable tax credit to anyone who has purchased a suppressor since the HPA’s original date of introduction

Sec. 1703: Ensuring that suppressors will remain legal in all 42 states where they are currently legal, after suppressors are removed from the National Firearms Act

Sec. 1704: Preempting states from levying taxes or registration requirements on suppressors. However, this will not make suppressors legal in any state where state law currently prohibits them.

Sec. 1705: Granting the ATF 365 days to destroy all suppressor related records from the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR)

Sec. 1706: Developing a “keystone part” definition, and requiring that such keystone part is serialized on every suppressor. This will ensure that individual suppressor parts, like pistons and endcaps, will not require serialization.

Sec. 1707: Imposing a 10% Pittman-Robertson excise tax on the manufacture of each new suppressor, a tax that is currently imposed on all Title I firearms

This is NOT a time for unity, it is a time for VICTORY

Don't like the part that allows the states to still outlaw them.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    That's nothing new. Its just saying that the HPA would apply where suppressers are legal. I do agree that the other states should permit them; but hell I think Full Auto and DDs should be legal...and politicians to be protected by what the allowed in their states

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsbo View Post
    It's always been that way, no change there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    It's always been that way, no change there.

Yeah I know but still don't like it
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

I hope it passes for when I retire to a free state. Until then, I will continue to live vicariously through you gentlemen and your purchases.

I can't find the article now, but I was reading earlier that a silencer provision has been added to a new woodsman/hunting conservation type act. They're essentially trying to back door the Hearing Conservation act with a more agreeable title.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

I was just wondering about this law. Thanks for the update.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

It was supposed to be added to the Sportsman's Heritage and Recreation Enhancement (S.H.A.R.E.) Act last week. It was also to include a provision to refund tax stamp costs going back to 2015 when the bill was initially introduced

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by McGyver; 06-17-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    I can't find the article now, but I was reading earlier that a silencer provision has been added to a new woodsman/hunting conservation type act. They're essentially trying to back door the Hearing Conservation act with a more agreeable title.
    What could be more agreeable to the masses than the "Hearing Conservation Act"? Everyone likes hearing. Everyone is in favor of Conservation, so FREAKEN ACT ALREADY.