Default Modding for a 19?

I'm handy with a drill but still don't love my endo mod result for a 19. Is anyone cashing in on offering the service (cough cough Arizona, perhaps)? I'm thinking a custom coping created and cut down could make producing these easy for one so inclined...
    I'd pay 100$
    Last edited by manonfire1007; 06-14-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Join me in harassing ENDO daily or weekly with constant email requests for G19 and Gen 4 compatible units. They'll just refer you to their FAQ, but you'll feel better for a minute.

Been there done that. I'm just surprised that they wouldn't want to expand. It seems like easy money with infrastructure already in place. If they don't, someone else will.

Can we see pics of your mod & what
    you don't like about it?

I'm running all Gen 4's. I have a large
    order I'm working up for SI, and I will
    order a kit, so I will take any input
    & idea's for my required mods.

Thanks!

John

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire1007 View Post
    I'm handy with a drill but still don't love my endo mod result for a 19. Is anyone cashing in on offering the service (cough cough Arizona, perhaps)? I'm thinking a custom coping created and cut down could make producing these easy for one so inclined...
    I'd pay 100$
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby

I wish I could. When I didn't like the 19 mod I scrapped it and rebuilt it for an xd.

I believe Yonderling has an excellent write up detailing how to mod an endo for a g19.

For my gen4 g19 the first problem is that the nub that inserts into the back strap is too wide. Start by sanding that down until it fits. If you use a file be careful not to remove too much and finish with higher grit sand paper or even fine steel wool.

Once it is inserting fully use a marker to mark the correct position for the pin on the nub, while it is inserted into the Glock's frame, marking through the pin hole in the Glock's back strap.

Finally, carefully drill. You may want to use a punch or Phillips head to set a pilot hole to prevent wander. Use the drill bit that matches the size of the pin. If you're not sure use a smaller one and progressively increase size until the pin fits snugly.

Done and done. Took me less than an hour.

I've been quite satisfied. What precisely is the problem?

Been there done that. I'm just surprised that they wouldn't want to expand. It seems like easy money with infrastructure already in place. If they don't, someone else will.
    Though I'd agree that Gen4 and G19 units is a good business opportunity for them, I'm sure there are good reasons they haven't expanded their offerings. Yes, they may be missing an opportunity, but they also know a lot more about their business than we do. The expenses involved are likely a lot more than you think.

Also, keep in mind that though the Glock PDW concept has taken off here, for good reasons, this is still a very niche product. There aren't as many adopters as you might think.

Of course there's nothing wrong with asking them for the product, and it's good for them to see that there is demand. But until that demand is much more widespread I wouldn't expect them to invest a pile of money into a product that is a slice of a niche. It's easy for us to say "They're stupid for missing an opportunity!" but it's THEIR money and their risk.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

I'd pay 100$
    I mean if you want to pay me $100 to do it, I wouldn't say no

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    I mean if you want to pay me $100 to do it, I wouldn't say no
    thats what she said.
    really though, as long as we aren't violating Gabe's term of service, I have a C note with your name on it. Pm me and let's get it done. Gen 3 g19.

thats what she said.
    really though, as long as we aren't violating Gabe's term of service, I have a C note with your name on it. Pm me and let's get it done. Gen 3 g19.
    its why i have weekends - pm in 3-2..

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI