Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728

Thread: Monkey Business

I have a SI tuned P226 with and RMR, that Josh and Paul did an amazing job on an amazing pistol. It is such an absolute joy to shoot, reliable and accurate. I did take Gabe's DA/SA seminar and learned how to maximize its advantages and work around the disadvantages. There are far more advantages and like Gabe says it is like driving a stick shift, If you know what you doing you can wring more performance out of it than an automatic. I have been carrying it more these days and although it is bigger and heavier than my G19, it seems to be more comfortable to carry. The Glock is a very good weapons platform, but it is very blocky. The P226 is more svelte with rounded edges and seems to conceal better for me. I hope SI gets back in the 226/229 game and perhaps Gabe can do a seminar on DA/SAs during his 4 day pistol course next year.
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

Planning on picking up another SI Slide for a G19 Gen4; if I recall correctly either the 419 or 519 Slide will work- is there any reason to choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    Planning on picking up another SI Slide for a G19 Gen4; if I recall correctly either the 419 or 519 Slide will work- is there any reason to choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance.
    well, we will be discontinuing gen 4 specific slides before summer hits, due to parts availability and compatability with gen 5 slides

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI