Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Monkey Business

870 RMR mount...

Can you describe the mounting process? Or do they come with instructions? I'm assuming Loctite Red or Green, plus Drill and Tap as needed?

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    870 RMR mount...

Can you describe the mounting process? Or do they come with instructions? I'm assuming Loctite Red or Green, plus Drill and Tap as needed?
    - center mount on receiver
    - mark hole placement
    - drill
    - tap

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Roger dodger!

I have a glock slide that has the rear iron sight drifts out when firing. Front iron is an Ameriglo, not sure of the rear. This is a slide bought used from a member here.

The sight is tight enough that I need a punch to center but not tight enough to stay. Would loctite be possible solution or something else?

Thanks,
    Sharkey

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyJ View Post
    I have a glock slide that has the rear iron sight drifts out when firing. Front iron is an Ameriglo, not sure of the rear. This is a slide bought used from a member here.

The sight is tight enough that I need a punch to center but not tight enough to stay. Would loctite be possible solution or something else?

Thanks,
    Sharkey
    If the sight is metal, you can remove it and dimple the underside of the sight with a center punch in a few places. The dimples will raise some metal and tighten up the fit in the notch

Quote Originally Posted by valian View Post
    If the sight is metal, you can remove it and dimple the underside of the sight with a center punch in a few places. The dimples will raise some metal and tighten up the fit in the notch
    Great advice.

Also, Loctite can be helpful. Just use blue, not red. The instructions for one of my sets specified red and when I tried removing them -- after beating on it with a hammer -- I was advised to use a heat gun to loosen it.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Years ago, I had Suarez mount a Doctor III on my glock. I want to replace the screws but am having trouble determining the size/thread—They don't seem to be the M3x8 screws the DoctorIII ships with. Possibly the RMR screw size. a) do you happen to know what screw thread/size would have been used? b) I'm guessing maybe they were RMR screws; would would the short RMR screws listed in the webstore work?
    Christian, Paramedic, Leader, Texan.

Street Comp question:

Can I safely fire a couple rounds through the Street Comp W/O the set screws or is it going to go flying etc?

Got both a Street Comp and a couple Dark Alley Comps, hoping to try out a few different setups before deciding which gun gets which comp...

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    Street Comp question:

Can I safely fire a couple rounds through the Street Comp W/O the set screws or is it going to go flying etc?

Got both a Street Comp and a couple Dark Alley Comps, hoping to try out a few different setups before deciding which gun gets which comp...
    I MEAN YOU CAN, I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT. YOU CAN, BUT IF IT MISALIGNS ITSELF IT MAY JAM THE GUN UP AND EAT YOUR FRAME TRYING TO CYCLE

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Speaking of Dark Alley comps, any special way to align them? Loctite or just reef down hard on the "O" ring?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

278. And a wakeup.