Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627

Thread: Monkey Business

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    Until they can make a slide with consistency in regards to the lightening cuts underneath, none
    Consistency with Sig is difficult to track, since they introduce new product...then discover the design needs a fix...then introduces Gen 2, and maybe a Gen 3, all within a year or two. By the time they get to this point - they act like bored 12 year olds on a sugar high - Zoom! Off to the next shiny object.

Don't get me wrong. I very much like Sig classic line pistols and often carry P226 or P229. I would love to get the proper RMR installation on these pistols. I have not located a company that I trust to do the work.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

NO ITS NOT A NEW ISSUE, ITS A RATHER LONGSTANDING ISSUE BECAUSE THESE LIGHTENING CUTS ARE ALSO NOT CONSISTENT IN THE MANNER OF WHICH THEY ARE MADE. SOME ARE MADE WITH A STRAIGHT END MILL, OTHERS ARE MADE WITH A BALL END MILL, SO PRODUCING A SURFACE ON ANYTHING WITH ONE OF THESE CUTS THAT IS CAPABLE OF TAKING A TAPPED HOLE IS GENTLY PUT, A NIGHTMARE. BTW THIS AFFECTS MOSTLY P320, P226 AND P220 MODELS. ADD TO THIS THE COST OF TOOLING, SINCE SIG IS NOT SIMPLY SURFACE HARDENED LIKE GLOCK, MAKES FOR MUCH MORE TOOL WEAR. TOP IT ALL OFF ON THE FACT THAT SIG SLIDE MILLING WAS NEVER POPULAR ENOUGH TO REALLY JUSTIFY DIVERTING AN ENTIRE MACHINE AND SETUP TO DO LESS THAN 5 SLIDES, WHICH TOOK MORE THAN A MONTH TO BATCH, AND WE HAVE THE BIGGEST REASON OF WHY THE ANSWER REMAINS "NO"

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Im very thankful I had mine done by you guys. Your explanation also explains why my slide looks funky underneath. I should take some pictures to illustrate it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk