Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Thread: Monkey Business

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Considering RMR or Delta on a CZ P07.

Is a rear co-witness BUIS feasible?

And will SI be offering this service on the P07 as well as on the P10?
    cowitness will likely be more feasible with the delta point since it has its own that doesn't require milling a new rear dovetail into the slide, but personally speaking, the drawbacks of the delta point are such that i would never personally own one. the low bore axis of the p07/09 are its own worst enemy in regards to red dot conversions. while it can be done, you have minimal material sitting above the firing pin in front of the, lets call it a strike face, where the hammer cutout in the slide meets the firing pin retaining plate. similarly to someone dry firing an ar without the upper, the material can mar where the hammer comes into contact and while there's not a lot of material there to begin with, thats what the rear dovetail would be up against. take note however, that this would be true if you weren't sacrificing the front right corner of the RMR to the extractor cutout area this is all assuming we wanted a deep enough cut to use reasonable cowitness sights though. check out instagram or even google P07 RMR. theres plenty of folks who have done it, but they all have 1/2" or taller sights. so while red dot installations may be in the P07/09 series future, its a bit more involved than cut and mount

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Joatmon View Post
    I tried searching, but didn't come up with anything.

I am building a G26 NP3 upper (waiting for slide, comp, barrel) and wanted to know which iron sights Gabe is currently using on his EDC and why. It seems like I remember at some point he was against tritium because of a training exercise with the bad guys having night vision or something like that? This will be my edc, face shooter, not a bbq gun or a toy to show off at the range, I don't anticipate bad guys with night vision, I am just a civilian. My SG17 has Suarez tritium.
    https://suarezinternational.com/suar...hts-for-glock/

this is what Gabe uses. Why? because they are back up sights, they are for back up.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick K View Post
    I hope this is the right place, but here goes...

I recently purchased a 3x Aimpoint magnifier to run on my AR. I have a flip mount, which tells me to cut away the rubber coating around the mounting surface. Just curious as to how much of the material do I cut away, and any implement better than another?
    glad you figured it out, because i use neither aimpoint or flip up magnifiers

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

The cominolli install was handled by you all. Works as advertised, but you have to be real careful removing the housing, or parts go everywhere. My first attempt led to some thinking and research - you’d think the instructions would be readily available to peruse on the web.

As to question 2, my tac-14 has no rib; cost wise, this give me 4 rounds of whatever 12 ga I have as backup. My first choice would be a stakeout package, but that’s not in the cards at the moment. A rail let me put up rifle sights, or a red dot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    cowitness will likely be more feasible with the delta point since it has its own that doesn't require milling a new rear dovetail into the slide, but personally speaking, the drawbacks of the delta point are such that i would never personally own one. the low bore axis of the p07/09 are its own worst enemy in regards to red dot conversions. while it can be done, you have minimal material sitting above the firing pin in front of the, lets call it a strike face, where the hammer cutout in the slide meets the firing pin retaining plate. similarly to someone dry firing an ar without the upper, the material can mar where the hammer comes into contact and while there's not a lot of material there to begin with, thats what the rear dovetail would be up against. take note however, that this would be true if you weren't sacrificing the front right corner of the RMR to the extractor cutout area this is all assuming we wanted a deep enough cut to use reasonable cowitness sights though. check out instagram or even google P07 RMR. theres plenty of folks who have done it, but they all have 1/2" or taller sights. so while red dot installations may be in the P07/09 series future, its a bit more involved than cut and mount
    Thank you, sir. Sounds like a recipe for catastrophic failure if the weapon is dropped or fired extensively. For now, the P10 is the logical choice in a red dot polymer CZ.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 9, 09. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by irishhunter View Post
    The cominolli install was handled by you all. Works as advertised, but you have to be real careful removing the housing, or parts go everywhere. My first attempt led to some thinking and research - you’d think the instructions would be readily available to peruse on the web.

As to question 2, my tac-14 has no rib; cost wise, this give me 4 rounds of whatever 12 ga I have as backup. My first choice would be a stakeout package, but that’s not in the cards at the moment. A rail let me put up rifle sights, or a red dot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ok i get it, so saddle attached to rail, not rail attached to saddle. i had a similar set up when i had a mossberg 930, but without the saddle. theyre, okayish. its extra bulk that you dont realize is as much as it is until its in your hands, theyre not heavy, just size-wise.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

Boatload of SIG 226 .40s on the market.
    Any downside to using a 9mm Barsto conversion barrel as opposed to swapping the top end?
    Far as I can tell, the ejector and locking block are the same part. This is not true of the 229.
    I'll be testing a 226 stamped slide assembly and 9mm barrel on a legacy .40 today, but I'm more interested in a 9mm barrel swap that allows money for an SI RMR install.

1, 9, 09. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Boatload of SIG 226 .40s on the market....
    Just be aware they are most probably police guns, not shot out but still worn and worn from 40SW. I loved our 226s (9mm) but we found cracked frames. I cant imagine 40SW was any easier on them than 9mm???

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Just be aware they are most probably police guns, not shot out but still worn and worn from 40SW. I loved our 226s (9mm) but we found cracked frames. I cant imagine 40SW was any easier on them than 9mm???
    Good point. I'd start with my currently owned .40. I know where it's been since 2005.

1, 9, 09. And a wakeup.