Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920

Thread: Monkey Business

Quote Originally Posted by irishhunter View Post
    Greetings. As I assemble my Glock PDW, I encountered that when hand tightened, the arm brace (buffer) tube with its “fin” (for want of a better term) don’t line up. This is only more so when I use the SB folding attachment between the Endo brace and the buffer tube with the fin attached. Is there some trick I should be using to get these threaded parts to line up, while making it so they are attached firmly enough that they don’t move under use? Thanks for the help...
    IrishHunter
    Take the brace off the tube and tighten it by hand. you will need to put some muscle behind it and will break the blade if trying to use it for leverage.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

How feasible is it to have SI refinish a Seecamp in NP3 or Melonite? Are the tolerances to the point where a lot of lapping etc would be required?

Mainly interested in the possibility of refinishing the exterior (not sure if that makes things any easier).

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    How feasible is it to have SI refinish a Seecamp in NP3 or Melonite? Are the tolerances to the point where a lot of lapping etc would be required?

Mainly interested in the possibility of refinishing the exterior (not sure if that makes things any easier).
    It's not

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Any plans for SI to make standard capacity but "enhanced" mag floor plates to work specifically with SI Magwells?
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Can a Ruger Charger Take Down use 10/22 Take Down stocks (with appropriate length barrel attached) or are the receivers somehow different?

Thanks,

Shopmonkey, I just had a faceshooter trigger put in my G19 by a gunsmith it now feels very gritty, will it go away? I like it it has decreased the travel by a third and reset is great! It just isn’t smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    Can a Ruger Charger Take Down use 10/22 Take Down stocks (with appropriate length barrel attached) or are the receivers somehow different?

Thanks,
    only difference is in the barrel, so maybe. you have to look at what barrel contour the stock is made for

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by tom.fair174 View Post
    Shopmonkey, I just had a faceshooter trigger put in my G19 by a gunsmith it now feels very gritty, will it go away? I like it it has decreased the travel by a third and reset is great! It just isn’t smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it should not be gritty. without seeing what he did, i cannot say for certain, what if anything is wrong with your system. for example, if you are not one who takes the time to clean their gun once in awhile, it could be that some shit got knocked loose, and the grit your feeling is the crap from inside your gun. i also don't know what your previous setup was. Point being, I can speculate all day on what would cause a normally smooth trigger to feel gritty, but without having the gun in my hands, i cannot say. Best advise, clean it and oil the ever-loving piss out of everything, put a few rounds downrange to blow out any extra crap that works loose, and clean it again.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI