Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Monkey Business

I'm running the CCW Magwell and want a standard capacity mag baseplate that provides a better grip for clearing malufuntions. What are my options?

Thanks.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Hello.2 questions:

i have a PDW setup I had milled for an RMR by you folks. I’m finally ready to fully assemble everything. I had the Cominolli safety installed - I want to install a Suarez trigger. Are there any special considerations or precautions I need to be aware of for this project?

Question 2 - I read Gabe’s blog on side saddles for the Tac-14. I’m looking at the Mesa Tactical variant with a built in rail. Any experience/recommendations on this matter?

thanks for this thread. It’s been very helpful.

Considering RMR or Delta on a CZ P07.

Is a rear co-witness BUIS feasible?

And will SI be offering this service on the P07 as well as on the P10?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 13. And a wakeup.

I hope this is the right place, but here goes...

I recently purchased a 3x Aimpoint magnifier to run on my AR. I have a flip mount, which tells me to cut away the rubber coating around the mounting surface. Just curious as to how much of the material do I cut away, and any implement better than another?

I tried searching, but didn't come up with anything.

I am building a G26 NP3 upper (waiting for slide, comp, barrel) and wanted to know which iron sights Gabe is currently using on his EDC and why. It seems like I remember at some point he was against tritium because of a training exercise with the bad guys having night vision or something like that? This will be my edc, face shooter, not a bbq gun or a toy to show off at the range, I don't anticipate bad guys with night vision, I am just a civilian. My SG17 has Suarez tritium.

Figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    I'm running the CCW Magwell and want a standard capacity mag baseplate that provides a better grip for clearing malufuntions. What are my options?

Thanks.
    only ones i have seen a problem with are vickers baseplates. if anyone else has had issues with others, it's unknown to me

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Joatmon View Post
    I tried searching, but didn't come up with anything.

I am building a G26 NP3 upper (waiting for slide, comp, barrel) and wanted to know which iron sights Gabe is currently using on his EDC and why. It seems like I remember at some point he was against tritium because of a training exercise with the bad guys having night vision or something like that? This will be my edc, face shooter, not a bbq gun or a toy to show off at the range, I don't anticipate bad guys with night vision, I am just a civilian. My SG17 has Suarez tritium.
    Not Shopmonkey but I can address this one. Short answer:
    Full co-witness: https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-full-cowitness-height-tritium-front-and-rear-sights-for-glock/
    Lower co-witness: https://suarezinternational.com/suar...hts-for-glock/

I prefer the full co-witness but that's a personal thing.

One of the issues with most night sights is that they are way too bright. I've seen some that actually illuminate your face in the dark. The other issue is that he dots are too big, and most sights out there use the three dot set up. The three dots don't bother me too much but they are a lot more "visual clutter" and most of us prefer black for a crisp sight picture with no clutter. And while not everyone has night vision, those that do will definitely be distracted by three glowing dots plus an RMR through the night vision.

The SI night sights are small. During the day, they almost disappear and it's like looking at black irons. They are also less bright than most sights out there. Just like the lumen wars in flashlights, things can be too bright. The SI night sights are just right...bright enough to see in the dark but not glowing orbs that distract you or be target indicators for the bad guys. Finally, the two vertical dot set up is easier with much less visual clutter, particularly when night vision is used.

I've used a lot of sights and I think the SI night sights are the best on the market. I have them on almost all my pistols.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Brent,

Thank you. tritium it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by irishhunter View Post
    Hello.2 questions:

i have a PDW setup I had milled for an RMR by you folks. I’m finally ready to fully assemble everything. I had the Cominolli safety installed - I want to install a Suarez trigger. Are there any special considerations or precautions I need to be aware of for this project?

Question 2 - I read Gabe’s blog on side saddles for the Tac-14. I’m looking at the Mesa Tactical variant with a built in rail. Any experience/recommendations on this matter?

thanks for this thread. It’s been very helpful.
    1. There may be a couple considerations, first is a matter of who installed your Cominolli, if it wasn't us, I can't guarantee anything, so while there shouldn't be any issue, i cannot say for certain. the safety may need to be altered to function as intended, it may not

2. i cannot fathom why anyone would want a rail on their side saddle, so i dont know

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI