Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arvind View Post
    Brent,

I noticed that the angles at which you demonstrated your strikes correspond to the angles that we drill our Eskrima strikes in. I will definitely have to get this. Plus as mentioned above, it would be good to finish up with popping a cold one open :)

Arvind
    It's so easy to incorporate what you already know with this little tool, I think you'll love it. It's very intuitive.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Ring forward. Access with your index finger and pull straight up. That's how I demo it in the video. If you pull forward, it doesn't draw cleanly, so pull straight up.
    IMG_8609.jpg

That gives you a point down grip.
    IMG_8610.jpg

Ring facing backwards. Access with your pinky, pull up and slightly to the rear.
    IMG_8611.jpg

This drawing method isn't quite as clean or robust, but maybe some of you will like it better. The benefit of this drawing method is that it gives you point forward.
    IMG_8616.jpg
    Brent Yamamoto

Awesome, and good information. I just ordered one along with a Suarez firing pin.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    It's so easy to incorporate what you already know with this little tool, I think you'll love it. It's very intuitive.
    I bet even a neanderthal like me could use it well lol.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I bet even a neanderthal like me could use it well lol.

Probably. ;)
    Brent Yamamoto

I ordered one yesterday along with registering for a class!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Brent,

Thank you for the OUTSTANDING video and for bringing this product to life. This brief views represents at least a full day course to me - that we all got for free. You really demonstrated the power and flexibility of the tool. You showed us that it can be employed in either heaven grip or earth grip. You demonstrated it at speed in conjunction with striking (how it would be meant to be in most cases). You absolutes did show us the drills utilizing "standard" angles of attack for either Kali, Escrima or a variety of Indonesian Silat variants. Everything you showed would be applicable to the use of a karambit; however, your weapon removes the negatives associated with the Indonesian weapon.

This was a huge service to the tribe. Personally, I think you should develop a course and video it that slows it down some so that folks. Could better understand the angles of attack, the grip varieties, and the other pain compliance (joint lock) possibilities.

All of this in such a short video of Brent being Brent.
    Honor is simply the morality of superior men - H.L. Mencken

Thanks for the kind words Chris.

If there is interest in a video, I will do it.
    Brent Yamamoto

Anyone with knowledge of TSA compliance? I've had the Chiorboy felt up a couple of times, and so far so good. (Poor choice of words, but you understand.). Exec Platinum on AA, so I cross security A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    Anyone with knowledge of TSA compliance? I've had the Chiorboy felt up a couple of times, and so far so good. (Poor choice of words, but you understand.). Exec Platinum on AA, so I cross security A LOT.
    Well, I'm a delta platinum snob.... for carry on I will be sticking with the chiorboy and pens. The choir boy has been inspected multiple times domestically and on international trips and so far have been able to pass off as a bottle opener when questioned. I have a feeling this big dog will draw more attention.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017