Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    It will go through...
    Largely intact or with fragmentation well in progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundermaker View Post
    Largely intact or with fragmentation well in progress?
    Jacket is gonna most likely rip apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw a case of 500 for 300.00? Is that too much for good killing ammo? I wouldn't train with it, but that sounds pretty reasonable. If you want something that works just pay the money. One of the biggest problems of 7.62 ball is it shoots right through people. You need a good bullet in it that expands and tears shit up.

20 round boxes and .300BLK priced now.

That seriously sucks.

That's not a bad deal ($300 for 500 rounds of Hornady, I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I just saw a case of 500 for 300.00? Is that too much for good killing ammo? I wouldn't train with it, but that sounds pretty reasonable. If you want something that works just pay the money. One of the biggest problems of 7.62 ball is it shoots right through people. You need a good bullet in it that expands and tears shit up.
    Watch the attached video of the 8m3 in gel to see what that stuff does. The photo below depicts a 1.5 inch neck, a cavity of approximately 6 inches in diameter, with fragments, jacket, and lead all blowing apart, with the core of the round penetrating to around 14.5". You would have to try very hard to describe more optimal performance in ballistic gel than that. All for 24 cents per round. At that price, I am going to be picking it up the case if the first batch that I buy performs. I'll need to find me some hogs.

yowzers.jpg
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Watch the attached video of the 8m3 in gel to see what that stuff does. The photo below depicts a 1.5 inch neck, a cavity of approximately 6 inches in diameter, with fragments, jacket, and lead all blowing apart, with the core of the round penetrating to around 14.5". You would have to try very hard to describe more optimal performance in ballistic gel than that. All for 24 cents per round. At that price, I am going to be picking it up the case if the first batch that I buy performs. I'll need to find me some hogs.

yowzers.jpg
    Keep in mind, these are mass produced projectiles that are not held to a high quality standard. It is very possible that these projectiles, even with the same designation, can perform very differently lot to lot. Id definitely shoot a block of gel (like 10% or clear ballistics) with it before you stack deep anticipating that it's going to be your go to defensive round.

Keep in mind, these are mass produced projectiles that are not held to a high quality standard. It is very possible that these projectiles, even with the same designation, can perform very differently lot to lot. Id definitely shoot a block of gel (like 10% or clear ballistics) with it before you stack deep anticipating that it's going to be your go to defensive round.
    I hear what you're saying, and haven't had to try and wring performance out of TULA before. In fact, writing that hurt my head a little bit. But, for 24 CPR, I can afford to test it... a lot... For go-to-war meat ammo, I'd definitely stick with things that have a proven track record over the course of many cases. Again, the financial risk associated with dipping into this isn't so prohibitive as to make me squeemish, though it is buyer beware.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

I have killed a couple of deer with that round out of a Zastava bolt action. Both at about 60 yards. It definitely fragments.