Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ....don't be the one in the Prius.
    Words to live by on many levels.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 4, 16. And a wakeup.

I've been considering some of the fox labs or sabre pepper spray grenades.
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

How long do pepper grenades last and how safely can they be stored? How do temperature extremes (both hot and cold) effect them? I really don't like the idea of opening the door to my truck and discovering that my pepper grenade "leaked" or--worse--spontaneously discharged.
    Virtute et Armis

Last time I got to wear handcuffs was a result was a result of some dimwit trying to block my truck in with his Toyota highlander,,,,after I caved in the back of his truck (1 little scratch on my ranchhand bumper) he figured out he picked the wrong guy to play with........But don't do as I do because im fucking nutts and have the doctors to prove it..............
    Last edited by tomsdaname; 05-23-2017 at 12:52 PM.

I believe the sprays do not spray as far in cold and the suggested tip end of heat is 120. Not sure on the how long do they last.
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

Don't get out of your car unless you are ok getting your head kicked in by feet and bricks. That would be my number one goal, so anything after that is a lot better. What do they always say, better to judged by twelve then carried by six.

I expect that their tactics might evolve since several locations have passed laws that encourage folks to drive through their people road blocks. I see them using vehicles or other harden objects to barricade the road. So the situation might mean pushing objects out of the way more than people.
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

One of my friends works in the ER. They keep wasp spray on hand because it works and is legal. Other weapons are not allowed to be carried or used.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

That has me thinking of trading in my Tundra for a tank!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    How long do pepper grenades last and how safely can they be stored? How do temperature extremes (both hot and cold) effect them? I really don't like the idea of opening the door to my truck and discovering that my pepper grenade "leaked" or--worse--spontaneously discharged.
    Manufacturers put a 1 year expiration on Pepper SPRAY and Grenades. Its not the spray that's the problem, its the aerosol. I haven't "Tested" grenades in a while; but I have successfully used some really old pepper spray that was on my duty belt for a couple years between uses. Maryland doesn't get the extreme cold you are used to; but we do get both hot and cold. I tend to rotate my grenades from primary to secondary then training every 2 years or so.