Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default AAR: Killing Within The Law, May 20, 2017

This was an excellent class today.

crime scene.jpg

Gabe, Greg and Jonathan did a fine job of explaining the concept of the 'Gentleman Gunfighter'. The course covered the 'before', the 'event' and the all-important 'AFTER' that
    most probably will happen and the process that will take place. The value of this information was much more than the price of entry. This is a 'must do' for everyone who values
    their freedom after the taking of life(s) of those who need to be made gone.

This was a 2-pound bag of valuable information that was crammed into just a thimble of time. Easily, this could be a two-day event but we got it in just one day. Lots of class participation
    provided great discussion of the many sub-topics covered.

I attended last year's event in Tempe, AZ that was just four hours long and intend to go to the next lecture on this subject, if I can schedule it.

This is truly a 'Don't Miss' event. I look forward to seeing y'all there.

Cheers,
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

I hear Ayoob was so disturbed by this class he forget to put his hair on before leaving for the library today.

I'm glad some learned at the class. As long as the "micro-statement" and "reluctant or duty-bound rescuer" concepts are understood all goes well. That last term will cover issues of duties, preclusion and "why" resulting from taken action.
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 05-21-2017 at 10:22 AM.

I reviewed my notes from class early this morning, to help get my mindset ready for airport disarmament exercises. So, as I sit in the Phoenix airport waiting for the flight home with stainless steel pens, a Choirboy and leather coin purse in my pockets, I am reflecting upon all that was covered in class.

I hope this class repeats for all WT brothers and sisters to unlearn the popular gun industry and Hollywood foolishness. The combination of the instructors and the material cuts to the chase of what any serious armed person needs to really know. Certainly just one more case of "you don't know what you don't know".

Gabe, as always, is a great teacher - imparting his knowledge and experience, with a fine blend of both serious discussion and a wonderful sense of humor.

I am always pleased to meet another of Gabe's instructors.
    This was my first direct contact with Greg. His on screen persona was there, but also his serious instructor countenance fitting the class material. I look forward to learning more from Greg, both online and in-person at a future class.

Jonathan was a wealth of information on this subject and I cannot thank him enough for taking time out of his busy schedule to help me by increasing my knowledge and bolstering my confidence.

The final benefit was knowing that I have helped fund a scholarship for LE students to gain the knowledge that I have from SI.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    I'm glad some learned at the class. As long as the "micro-statement" and "reluctant or duty-bound rescuer" concepts are understood all goes well. That last term will cover issues of duties, preclusion and "why" resulting from taken action.

The use of 'micro statements' at multiple times post-Event and the ability to clearly articulate preclusion and the 'why' of the action were well emphasized and understood (by me); the importance of these abilities
    cannot be overstated.

Gabe's lecture on the qualities of the Gentleman Killer (versus the Brute) and Mindset certainly struck a chord with me.

Greg's lecture about the Post Violence Physical Reactions and the chemistry causing them was informative, as was his remedies to these body reactions. Developing 'Mental Sign Posts' immediately post-Event is 'key'; thank you for that one.

Thank you very much Jonathan, Greg and Gabe for sharing your time and your experience with the class; this was an amazing training day that was filled with information available at no other place but through SI.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

I am lucky as it was my third time going through the material. I am lucky for a lot of other reasons as well though. It is rare that I can attend a class where I can truly say that all of the instructors are good friends and one of them really is a brother.

The curriculum is excellent. I love the high energy shooting and combatives courses, but am proud to be watching SI branch out with courses dedicated to training the heart and mind. This class definitely did that. The curriculum has doubled in size and duration with each iteration, and I can safely say that it could easily double again into a two day class. There is so much more to explore when discussing Gabe's "gentleman killer" or when discussing the physiological aspects of use of force and what happens to the body in a post use of force environment. I can see Jonathan's section expanding to a day to include mock interviews, etc. I admit that I could use a bit more time to process it al...my brain was full and I was mentally exhausted by the end of the day.

I LOVE that the proceeds are going to the scholarship program. Last year we funded over $40,000 in scholarships to further develop warriors. I'm excited to see it continue into this year. I also want to thank Jiffy Lube for providing the training facility. That saved hundreds in cost that now stays with the scholarship fund. I should mention that Jiffy Lube assisted greatly with the scholarship program last year as well. They supplied the "Casa de Operator" that served as the hotel for so many of us for so many SI courses.

Tribe, please continue to support SI. They continue to develop and supply next generation equipment and training that cannot be found anywhere else (until eventually copied or stolen as the industry always seems to do). Their training has saved lives and directly contributed to the demise of evil people who wished harm to us and our way of life. Thank you to Gabe, Greg and Jonathan for further training my mind and heart and ensuring that I stay dangerous.
    Last edited by ChrisNobody; 05-21-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Honor is simply the morality of superior men - H.L. Mencken

Default Community member?......good grief!

Well Jonathan, when Brent invites you to Washington to repeat this seminar, it looks like you'll have to modify your "report options" as their local LE will no longer be identifying a "suspect."

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=24732?omhide=true
    Last edited by AK driver; 05-22-2017 at 01:56 PM.

For those of you who do Facebook I started this today. I am sure you can see the ironic wit. Feel free to comment there as well.

KILLING WITHIN THE LAW

You will recall this one. It seems like the mainstream gun media was dying to bad mouth this class and of course, me as well. The lecture went off perfectly. Here is a thread on WT with an after action of several attendees. Within a year, you will see others in the industry emulating the concept.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Looking forward to this one in Texas, hopefully at a time I can make it!
    RDS Pistol School - June 24-26, 2016, SGF-1 - April 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by PastorM View Post
    Looking forward to this one in Texas, hopefully at a time I can make it!
    There were several requests for this seminar this past weekend during our CRG-1 class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

TRAIN WITH PAYNE 2018

​CRG-1 Orange TX January 20-21, 2018

CRG-2 Orange TX March 10-11, 2018

Shotgun Gunfighting San Antonio TX April 14-15, 2018

GS-1 (modified) Kirbyville TX May 19-20, 2018