Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think VA is your best option until the lady is ready / willing to move.

Then head west. Utah is pretty close to perfect in my biased opinion.

If west is not your thing, further south maybe is.

Hampton Roads area has lots of current / former mil and may be a better environment for people of our persuasion than NORVA.

Capetown will probably be one of the least desirable places in the world for white people to live in the future.

Conversely, parts of WV and VA will always be free, desirable, and cost a lot less than many other places.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    Capetown will probably be one of the least desirable places in the world for white people to live in the future.

Conversely, parts of WV and VA will always be free, desirable, and cost a lot less than many other places.
    We got the idea for Capetown, last September when we were there for out honeymoon. Its actually gotten better since then. How long it'll last is another question; but at best we were only thinking it would be a "summer" home.

As for Va/WV they are looking like the best for the near future

My cousin and husband live in Harper's Ferry and he drives inside the beltway for work. I've visited there once and put it on my short list. Lots of fishing if you like smallmouth and catfish! Gun laws already mentioned. Very friendly place.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bro, come to MoCo but don't live here. Vienna or Tysons is just across the river. The traffic from WV will make your wife nuts.

Lots of friends have crossed the river in the last few years. The rain tax, the millionaire's tax, and the new gun laws have put them over the edge.

Have you considered working in VA?

What's not to love about the People's Republic? Pretentious SJW's, high taxes, horrible traffic, but the checks don't bounce.

Panhandle of WV sees lots of the DC crowd who many times have weekend places in the mountains of WV. Commuter trains run Martinsburg to D.C. which gives other options! I ride the commuter train into Manhattan at times and it's often better than the drive.

Every place has pluses and minuses! You'd like many of the pluses and could likely avoid most of the negatives in WV!

SD
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Missouri! We need more pirates here and the gun laws are nice. Commute is just a short hop via private jet

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'll second Idaho when the Mrs. is ready to leave her clients. Land of the free and governed by adults.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Try to do a dry run of the commute from WV before you talk her into it. DC traffic is not much fun. Right now I'm heading to Vienna from Harford County. Yeah, I'm also looking for a new job.

As for Capetown, I wouldn't own property anyplace I couldn't keep an eye on it. Especially since they might go on a "take whitey's stuff" binge. You can always rent a place on vacation if the political climate seems stable.
    Making the bad man go away since 1982.

Check the MARC. I have friends-of-family who live in WV near Harpers Ferry and take MARC every morning to their staged beater-car in Frederick (working in northern MoCo).

Living in Virginia (Lovettsville, etc) and catching the MARC in Brunswick, MD is another possibility. The main Martinsburg to DC line has stations in Rockville, Garret Park and Kensington that should be reasonably close to the workplace.