Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    I bet if they are close to retirement they know about it. LEOSA is what "lets" all cops carry in any jurisdiction in America. My bet is the guys you that you referred to know they can carry in all 50 states--LEOSA is what gives them that authority.
    To clarify, they are familiar with HR 218. But when I brought up in briefing that we have the possibility of contacting former military MP carrying creds from Army or Air Force I got a lot of crickets and shrugs. We have a few bases in and around our county.

Quote Originally Posted by milhouse786 View Post
    To clarify, they are familiar with HR 218. But when I brought up in briefing that we have the possibility of contacting former military MP carrying creds from Army or Air Force I got a lot of crickets and shrugs. We have a few bases in and around our county.
    OK that makes more sense. LEOSA was passed in 2004 (I think); but its only been in the last few years that the Army was added. The Air Force was pretty quick about coming up with "creds"; but it took the Army longer...

What bothers me (and I'm sure others), is that individual Police Chiefs have a say in issuing creds to officers that retired in good standing. A chief that you "ousted" for fucking a pig, may not be able to stop your retirement; but he can hold up your LEOSA creds. The law never meant to give that authority; but its unintended vagueness allows pig fuckers to decide your fate.