Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    I like it, except for the material choice; there's not much advantage to using titanium there except to make it seem high tech. A good carbon steel like most hammers is a better choice, or even a high impact tool steel like S7 if you want to get fancy.
    It sounds a lot like a mini sledge with a longer handle. A good ball peen hammer would probably be closest to fitting the description, for anything off the shelf.
    My thinking on the material choice was based on detectability and weight. A non-magnetic material would be preferable--though it won't get past the TSA, it will get past some screening. And I don't want much weight. 10-12 oz. is about right for me. I can even see an argument for 6-8 oz. I imagine using it more like a tomahawk than a sledge. Some of the old Japanese hammers have a good, symmetrical profile and are of the proper weight. Those are carbon steel. I may get one and replace the shaft.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I really need my muse to strike me so I can create something called "The Confessor"
    Brent may find it A-Musing to "strike yu SO haahd yu gonna ring like a 10 penny finishin' nail hit wid a greezy bahll peen hammah"

Then U B creatin th "Fuzzy Confessor"!!
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

From Murphy: "If it looks stupid and it works, it ain't stupid"

Not many on this forum are old enough to get the Brother Dave Gardner reference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "The fundamental demand of warfare is killing.You kill your enemies until they surrender or until they're all dead".-Lt.Col Ralph Peters

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Demosthenes View Post
    Brent may find it A-Musing to "strike yu SO haahd yu gonna ring like a 10 penny finishin' nail hit wid a greezy bahll peen hammah"
    And he don't need no bahll peen hammah to do it.

But I do, so I'll start with one of these.
    Last edited by Papa; 05-20-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 16. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Vet View Post
    Not many on this forum are old enough to get the Brother Dave Gardner reference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You B co-wreckd Brother Bill. U then know the biblical story of Rock n' Roll wd Lil' David an th Phildadelfians?
    Ted Demosthenes

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    And he don't need no bahll peen hammah to do it.

But I do, so I'll start with one of these.
    Papa- you get my PM?
    Ted Demosthenes

Yes sir--21 inbound
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 16. And a wakeup.

Well...my Heretic arrived yesterday. I had a few concerns when I ordered it, mostly because I have run the gamut of "tools" that might be perfect for a man's hands, pockets, belts, etc but never quite work as well for a woman. (Smaller hands, pockets, belts, etc). I am pleased to say this one does pretty darn good in most aspects.

There are a few "grips" that don't quite give me the control that I want because of how it sits it my hand, but it fits in my pockets (which is a plus because sometimes smaller folding knifes dont) and for the most part will give me another tool in my bag of tricks! Now I need to get my dremel out and make it hook on my pocket.

Droid did it!

BDM, thanks for the woman's perspective and showing how it fits in your hand.

It could sure open some beers eh

I took a few more grip pictures. I was trying to copy the ones Brent did in the video. Some work with my tiny hands, others, not so much, but even with a poor grip I would bet I could still do some damage.

The first two pictures show how my hand won't quite close with my pinky finger in the ring.

The next two pictures show how a full grip without a finger in the ring works best for my small hands. Obviously Heretic could be reversed and the other end used.

The last two pictures shows what happens when I put my thumb through the hole (please disregard the four legged creature...she was ready for play time). This grip is the least stable. My thumb barely reaches the hole even with my hand closed. My hand barely closes. If I move it further up my thumb I loose the grip completely.

Just some more information for anyone considering buying one for a wife, daughter or themselves. Keep in mind, I have very small hands and very short fingers. I have actually had triggers I couldn't reach without a good stretch.

I still love the tool...especially since it is a multi tasker.

Droid did it!