Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Heretic was conceived while I was fleshing out the Pistol Ground Fighting curriculum. On the ground, in order to access your pistol you have to make space. Grappling skills of course help but there's no avoiding the fact that sometimes you need a force multiplier. An unskilled ground fighter needs a tool to help pry the bad guy off...and a skilled ground fighter can use a good tool to even greater effect.

The problem with most weapons is that they're hard to access. A folding knife is better than nothing, but under assault it can be difficult to get out of your pocket, let alone to deploy. Fixed knives are better, but the concealment requirements are greater, which can also complicate access. I wanted something I could access even easier than my pistol. Not being satisfied with what was in the market, I went to the drawing board...

The Heretic doesn't need a sheath, it just slides into your pocket. It's easy to carry everywhere, and easy to put in the hand proactively whenever you feel the need. It may not pass muster with TSA, but it also doesn't scream weapon...it's a simple bottle opener and pry bar.

With a slight modification, you can turn the Heretic into an extremely fast drawing tool. See the picture below. The Heretic doesn't come that way because not everyone wants that modification, but a little dremel work is a simple thing especially for a handy little tool that's $25.

Hook it in your pocket, access the ring with your index finger and you'll see how quickly this thing can be brought to bear. Equally useful for opening a frosty beverage after training, or prying an objectionable off you.

Thanks to Yondering for machining the prototype, and thanks to Gabe for believing in it and bringing it to market.

Heretic.jpg

IMG_7732.jpg
    Last edited by Brent Yamamoto; 05-18-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny C! View Post
    My next order just keeps growing
    & growing...

I like it!

John
    Yes, what's going on here??

That is cool, good job Brent!

Just ordered an S.I. Firing pin, and now this.

Well done Brent. Dual-ended, multi-use, and very discreet/near invisible to the average Yob.

Thanks to Mr. Suarez for bringing it to market.

Heading over to the store to get 2. Thank you again Brent and S.I.!
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Thanks Brent for sharing your idea. This is a cool tool

AND just bought 2 of them. Going to do the little pocket clip mod.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

I got to play with one of the prototypes. This idea is definitely a winner. I like the softer angle on the head of the finished product, but I definitely want the slit for pocket carry. I can accomplish that with a hacksaw and a file, though.

I also know what a few of my colleagues will be getting for Christmas presents.
    Virtute et Armis

I really need my muse to strike me so I can create something called "The Confessor"
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I really need my muse to strike me so I can create something called "The Confessor"
    Hahaha I was thinking some sort of heavy cross. Maybe something like this, with Victory over Death engraved on the back...

MUSEUM-MB-crxgerman-a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    If you hang out in a dojo with Brent, I'm sure he'll be happy to be your muse... repeatedly and with a gleam in his eye. As you well know. :)

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Hahaha I was thinking some sort of heavy cross. Maybe something like this, with Victory over Death engraved on the back...

MUSEUM-MB-crxgerman-a.jpg
    It worked in that movie the exorcist.:)