Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    IDK That putting your thumb through it is really a good idea

Too easy to break a thumb
    AKA: Fuzzy

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    Warlord of the TWOTU

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    IDK That putting your thumb through it is really a good idea

Too easy to break a thumb
    Yeah, well, obviously that doesn't work for my hands anyway, but yes, I could see that.

Droid did it!

BDM - in pics 1-3, try turning the Heretic over, so the logo visible in pic 1 is facing down and the bottle opener is facing away from you, not towards you. We positioned the hole for it to be gripped that direction. I think the way you're holding it in those pics would be awkward for most men's hands too.

For the other grip (I'd call it the ice pick grip) put your pointer finger through the hole, not your thumb. With this grip as well, orient it so the bottle opener is facing away from you, not towards you.

I did notice that the Suarez version is a little larger than the prototype Brent and I made, so I'd expect it to be a bit large in your hands. If you have a finger through the loop, I'd expect you'll be gripping it more at one end instead of in the middle. On the other hand (no pun intended) your hands are small enough you could probably grip the middle without using the loop at all, if that gives you better options.
    Last edited by Yondering; 06-09-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Black finish would be nice to blend in with dress pants.

Hilarious. If I made it in black steel...Guys would complain about rust and weight. If made it in aluminum, they could complain about strength.
    Gabe Suarez

We cut our enemy's throats with Occam's Razor

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by rp1 View Post
    Buy two. Paint one black, the other tan, works for ~ 90% of most wardrobes.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

Upcoming classes
    CRG-1, 19-20 Aug, Olympia, WA
    CRG-1, 26-27 Aug, Mapleton, OR
    CRG-2, 23-24 Sep, Mapleton, OR

Quote Originally Posted by rp1 View Post
    Doing an antique type finish on it should do most of what you want!

SD
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

rp1,

If you are concerned about tarnish then there are brass polishes our there. I have used a product called Ballistol for on my kukris for the blades and for the brass parts and have not had problems with tarnish or rust. Having said that, I do not think tarnishing is a big factor with these. I have a confessor that has turned a bit dark because of our weather here in Wisconsin but I do not see anything wrong since unlike rust, this does nothing to impact the structural integrity of the tool. Actually looking at it, I think it does add a bit of character to the tool.

I do use mineral oil or gun oil on my blades but the ones like my kukris have brass parts on them. I have used oil on those parts as well and have not had any problems.

Arvind
    Last edited by arvind; 06-11-2017 at 04:17 PM.