Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Yep moving is high on the agenda; but its still a few years off. The idea of "Just Move" sounds great; but the practicalities are a bit harsher, especially when others are involved.
    I've lived in 3 states and 2 *OTHER* continents in the last 10 years. My wife and daughter have come with every move except the one to Iraq.

We picked up and moved from California because it was going down hill.

We like it here in the western suburbs of Denver, despite the fact that it's the middle of May and several inches of global warming have fallen from the sky.

I don't think the application of community policing and hot traffic talk was going to change that dude's mind. Standing in the road having a loud angry argument about the depth and breadth of that dude's f*cked-upedness wasn't going to be the game changer. Electricity however seems to have realigned his state of mind and he appeared to be much more open to dialogue.

Good move.
    Masters in Warfare-OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

Jeff Cooper

Can't stop watching!

Don't care who you are, that's funny.

Think I figured out why they wouldn't gave us tasers,
    too many council members would have been the recipient late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Well it must be great to work there. In Maryland a Taser can only be used where LETHAL force is permissible. It all came out of a case where a mental subject died after a "Tasing" because he wrapped his arms and legs around a street sign and wouldn't let go. BEFORE that incident the Taser was pretty low on the Use of Force Continuum (and Pepper Spray was about the same as harsh language--now pepper spray is a serious use of force that requires command review)
    I think the word inappropriate is an understatement, but... Police Policy is rife with backwards thinking and lack of sync with logic. Sounds like the policy makers are placating the mob by pushing the use of TASER out of the practical realm and into the stratosphere in hopes of winning some points for an occasional "TASER saves the day! Guy almost got shot!" headline.
    Fletch Fuller
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

“Train Like Others Won't, So You Can Do Those Things That Others Can't.”

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Fletch's Upcoming classes in SW Florida:

CRG-2 Close Range Gunfighting- Naples, Florida June 3-4, 2017

CRG-5 Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting- Naples, Florida August 5-6, 2017