Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Firing pin isn't made in .45, so I'll have to work with the RMR on my G21 until I'm bucks up. My agency has approved the 9mm in addition to the .40 and .45. When my agency approves red dots on sideguns I'll go to 9mm and either swap my RMR onto a G17 or buy another RDS.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 16. And a wakeup.

We have made a few products for G21s and they have sold very poorly. Add to that the reality that there are huge tolerance changes in G21 frames and magazines and you end up with a segment of the market that is not viable. I think if I made a 45 firing pin I'd sell you one...and maybe a handful of other guys here...and that would be all.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Yeah, I'm tracking. A new or used G17/19 is cheap, and that's what trading stock is for.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 16. And a wakeup.

Damn, something else to add to the wish list.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

I received my Suarez firing pin a few days ago, and installed it. After the first press, I thought, "that can't be right, there's no way a trigger can be THAT light, and still be safe and reliable... and yet, after function testing and drop testing the shit out of it, followed by a few hundred rounds of live fire, reliability and safety have been 100%.

These are all the trigger system parts in my gun:
    - S.I. flat and straight Patrol trigger
    - OEM 3.5 lb connector
    - OEM trigger return spring
    - S.I. "tactical grade" steel firing pin safety (with performance safety plunger spring)
    - S.I. extractor depressor plunger unit (with improved reliability spring)
    - S.I. "tactical grade" firing pin (with Suarez 4 lb firing pin spring)
    - OEM Turbo maritime spring cups

As you can see, I've got the works in there, and the trigger pull was damn good even before I added the S.I. firing pin. But none of these parts made such an immediate, drastic difference as the new firing pin. Its not so much that it reduces the lock time, as I doubt I would even be capable of noticing such a thing; but its that it made the trigger pull so...damn... LIGHT. This is a good thing. The smooth take-up, and clean, predictable break once you hit the wall is still there (although the wall is less noticeable), as is the clean reset (again though, less noticeable), but I honestly thought there must be something wrong before I went and tested the shit out of it. I just thought that there was no possible way the trigger on a striker-fired combat pistol could be made so light and pleasant. If I had to describe it in two words, they would be, "mechanical magic."

I don't know or understand how a new firing pin can improve the trigger so much, but it does. This thing is awesome. Get one.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

When will the firing pins be back in stock Gabe ?