Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Short Review of the Suarez "Tactical Grade" Steel Firing Pin

I recently tried the new Suarez "Tactical Grade" Steel Firing Pin for the first time. I admittedly was pretty skeptical going into the it. I assumed that I would notice a very small difference from the factory striker, but nothing dramatic. I was very wrong. The first time I pressed the trigger after installation, I was shocked at how much of the delay was eliminated after the trigger broke. This was confirmed later that afternoon at the range. Gabe's firing pin gives you a margin of error that the factory firing pin doesn't. I haven't tried to slow fire with it, yet, but I was able maintain tight groups at a much faster pace than I previously could. It simply makes shooting easier.

Whenever I'm testing a new part, I like to do a "before, after, before" test. I test the original part, then the new part, then the original part again. This gives me a better feel for their differences and whether or not I like the change. After working with my pistol for awhile, I tried a friend's Glock with the factory firing pin, and the increased ignition time made me feel like I was shooting a flintlock. Needless to say, Gabe's firing pins are now in ALL of my Glocks.

We frequently talk about having "Gear and skill, in accord" and being able to shoot a terrorist in the face on demand. The SI firing pin is a great way to help you with both of these things. In fact, you can now get the Face Shooter Accuracy Kit, which consists of Gabe's trigger, 3.5# connector, firing pin safety, and firing pin for $99.99. This is the best way to improve your pistol for under $100, and I have all of these parts in my pistols.

So, what are you waiting for?

Order the Face Shooter Accuracy Kit

Order the Suarez Tactical Grade Steel Firing Pin
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

I'm anxiously awaiting the return of the Tactical Grade Face Shooter kit and I will be adding these to my kit as well.

Honestly I never thought the stock trigger was that bad on my Gen 4 - maybe I had just worn it smooth by dry fire repetitions or something.

But the RMR really exposed the problems with the stock trigger in a way that I didn't see / notice with irons.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    But the RMR really exposed the problems with the stock trigger in a way that I didn't see / notice with irons.
    Dot does tend to jump around some, doesn't it.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 14. And a wakeup.

Got a Tac kit before they sold out again and i am a fan! i knew i should have bought 2 more when i ordered. Smooth trigger and like Eric said the change in firing is " right on"! IMHO
    Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight! -psalm 144

I'm anxiously awaiting the return of the Tactical Grade Face Shooter kit and I will be adding these to my kit as well.

Honestly I never thought the stock trigger was that bad on my Gen 4 - maybe I had just worn it smooth by dry fire repetitions or something.

Mike said they'll be back in stock in a couple weeks.

It's funny how universal your experience is with the trigger. I've talked with so many people who've said the same thing, and I went through it as well when I got my first RMR Glock from Gabe. Sometimes, we just don't know what we don't know.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Triggers back in the house late this week. Inventory activated.
    Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Dot does tend to jump around some, doesn't it.
    It does indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Tull View Post
    Mike said they'll be back in stock in a couple weeks.

It's funny how universal your experience is with the trigger. I've talked with so many people who've said the same thing, and I went through it as well when I got my first RMR Glock from Gabe. Sometimes, we just don't know what we don't know.
    Its interesting that this is a common observation; kind of validating I suppose.

But most of all I think that adding and using the RMR on my handgun has emphasized something that Gabe and WT generally has espoused for a long time, but I didn't fully comprehend:

basic equipment + new shooter : shooter may not notice limitations of basic equipment because the capabilities of equipment still exceed capabilities of shooter.

basic equipment + good shooter : shooter will experience limitations because their capabilities are >= capabilities of equipment, and without change in equipment, development of skills will plateau, regress, or be retarded.

great equipment + new shooter : shooter's capabilities limit what they can do but their abilities will far exceed what they could do with basic equipment, and learning curve cut (case in point: my non-shooter mom with suarez RMR and brace hitting barrel at 100 yds)

great equipment + good shooter: shooter will get 'over the hump' and avoid skill plateau, identifying weaknesses and correct them; shooting capabilities enhanced (case in point: everything I could do with irons on my G19 I did faster / better/ more precise with the RMR; it also exposed weaknesses that were hidden by basic equipment).

THAT right there...is a notable statement!!!

It does indeed.

Its interesting that this is a common observation; kind of validating I suppose.

But most of all I think that adding and using the RMR on my handgun has emphasized something that Gabe and WT generally has espoused for a long time, but I didn't fully comprehend:

basic equipment + new shooter : shooter may not notice limitations of basic equipment because the capabilities of equipment still exceed capabilities of shooter.

basic equipment + good shooter : shooter will experience limitations because their capabilities are >= capabilities of equipment, and without change in equipment, development of skills will plateau, regress, or be retarded.

great equipment + new shooter : shooter's capabilities limit what they can do but their abilities will far exceed what they could do with basic equipment, and learning curve cut (case in point: my non-shooter mom with suarez RMR and brace hitting barrel at 100 yds)

great equipment + good shooter: shooter will get 'over the hump' and avoid skill plateau, identifying weaknesses and correct them; shooting capabilities enhanced (case in point: everything I could do with irons on my G19 I did faster / better/ more precise with the RMR; it also exposed weaknesses that were hidden by basic equipment).
    Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    THAT right there...is a notable statement!!!
    It has been a notable awakening.

I'll be making the Tac Face Shooter kit purchase on payday this week: thanks for making them available.