Thread: HSGI Holsters

Default HSGI Holsters

They're nothing special (though I'm sure it's solid). I'm just surprised that a solid company like them would make a concealment holster and market it as a good choice on a war belt.
    IMG_3157.jpg
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

I think I have read on here a few times of guys having guns in non retention holsters on war belts and ended up with lost guns.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

Hired a weenie marketing company, photog thought it looked cool...ran with it.

CRG-Suarez International Combat Pistol Instructor

SIG SAUER CERTIFIED ARMORER M400, 516, 716, M4, AR15, M16

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBeach View Post
    Hired a weenie marketing company, photog thought it looked cool...ran with it.
    Ya, all their new videos show guys running them this way.

My sentiments follow Steve's above. No retention holsters are for concealed or open carry when not doing anything strenuous. Not situations that call for a war belt.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Yeah, that's definitely not a holster you want to take to Greg and Sua's Wilderness Warrior Weekend course.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

I keep seeing these open topped holsters showing up as the new hotness on videos and ranges with the tactical cool guys. I will say this, that is as good as a lost pistol in anything but a manicured range. Additionally as an open carried weapon it can also be a grabbed weapon. Nope, if it's on my battle belt, vest, or chest it at least has to have a bungee.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Explain the bungee, are you meaning a cord wrapped around the grips as a retention?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PRDubi View Post
    Explain the bungee, are you meaning a cord wrapped around the grips as a retention?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    A bungee cord that goes over the slide and into the tang of the grip. I'd only use this instead of other retention if it resided high on my PC/Vest/Chest Rig. Other than that I want a real retention system and/or a flap.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.