Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    With the arm braces currently available, I don't see myself ever doing an SBR....
    I tend to agree but, sometimes you just want a REAL Shelby Cobra, not a kit car.... Don't get me wrong I grab a "pistol" more often than a SBR but I damned sure glad I have a few SBRs cuz sometimes folks like to "look under the hood"

Travel. I've got a few SBRs, but I'm adding 'braced pistols' for easy interstate travel. All things being equal, I'd rather have a real stock. But when traveling, I can use my go-to upper on a braced pistol lower. I'll still file the forms for some trips, but this allows me to take the same basic gun on short-notice trips.

Disassembly. With an integrated suppressor, consider what will be necessary to clean it. You really don't want to run a patch through a suppressor, and risk it falling off in there. Some designs are better than others.

Ballistic sufficiency. How much is enough? It's easy to say "9mm is enough for housework," but (a) is it? and (b) what if you go beyond the house? Selecting a gun always entails compromise. And sometimes 9mm is the answer because everything else is too big. But for an AR-ish gun, the difference in size between 9mm and .300 is virtually negligible. But the .300 is far more powerful and versatile. For a gun that stays by the bed, you can reasonably assert that it is a house gun. But if you are traveling with the gun, then it becomes more than a mere house gun.

A note on .300: I now consider subsonic ammo to be for playtime only. For legit SF guys, sentry removal may be a real thing. For me, subsonic is just for fun. Supersonics are for fighting.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Travel. I've got a few SBRs, but I'm adding 'braced pistols' for easy interstate travel. All things being equal, I'd rather have a real stock. But when traveling, I can use my go-to upper on a braced pistol lower. I'll still file the forms for some trips, but this allows me to take the same basic gun on short-notice trips.

Disassembly. With an integrated suppressor, consider what will be necessary to clean it. You really don't want to run a patch through a suppressor, and risk it falling off in there. Some designs are better than others.

Ballistic sufficiency. How much is enough? It's easy to say "9mm is enough for housework," but (a) is it? and (b) what if you go beyond the house? Selecting a gun always entails compromise. And sometimes 9mm is the answer because everything else is too big. But for an AR-ish gun, the difference in size between 9mm and .300 is virtually negligible. But the .300 is far more powerful and versatile. For a gun that stays by the bed, you can reasonably assert that it is a house gun. But if you are traveling with the gun, then it becomes more than a mere house gun.

A note on .300: I now consider subsonic ammo to be for playtime only. For legit SF guys, sentry removal may be a real thing. For me, subsonic is just for fun. Supersonics are for fighting.
    I hear the Travel thing all the time, and wonder really how much traveling is being done. I think I travel as much and maybe a tad bit more than most folks, except for you guys that do it for work; and Ive never felt the need to worry about SBRs. First "travel" has to mean out of state for it to matter with an NFA item BUT it also means is it legal where youre going--not just SBRs but also Assault Rifle/high capacity mags. Maybe I'm skewed by East Coast laws; but around here the second part is as much an issue as the first.

Don't get me wrong, I am an advocate of braced pistols and as DogDoc pointed out the current "brace" options are pretty sweet. I jumped on the Sig brace way back in the day, then realized I didn't like it as much as I hoped and of course the no shoulder thing ended any affair I had. The Shockwave brace is an improvement, especially so for something like the Glock PDW. Now the new stuff like the Gearhead Tailhook and SB-PDW (really the whole SB line), and the recent Opinion Letter has me rethinking the brace.

And finally I'm not saying I wouldn't travel with a suppressor or even a suppressed SBRd and use it in self defense; but Id expect a bit more drama OUT of my home state.
    Last edited by EDELWEISS; 05-07-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Just a minor tip - try some google searches for integral suppressed rifles, not integrated. You might have better luck finding info with the right word. There are a bunch out there, Liberty Leonidas for example.

Here's an excellent article on the Gemtech Integra by TTAG.
    The "bore evacuator" is especially interesting.
    I am "homeland security", "border patrol", "law enforcement", "first responder", and a "veteran" of the mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertGuy View Post
    Here's an excellent article on the Gemtech Integra by TTAG.
    The "bore evacuator" is especially interesting.
    At the risk of being redundant, if I was in the market for this type of weapon I'd buy the Gemtech.

OP,

If you want 9mm check out the Spike's offerings. They have lowers for Glock and Colt mags and you can by the uppers and lowers separately or as a complete rifle.

I've been eyeballing them, but I haven't been able to find any reviews on the Glock lower yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobertGuy View Post
    I was also considering the Q Honey Badger 2.0 and Sig MPX, but I don't want the SBR hassles; integrating the suppressor seems the better way to go.
    And if 9mm can get the job done for inside and around the home, I don't see the strong desire for .300 BLK.

Thank you.
    I'm not sure if they're available yet, but Innovative Arms is supposed to have an integrally suppressed MPX soon. Their integrally suppressed M&P-15-22s are sweet.

https://innovativearms.com/portfolio...-mpx-integral/

I have one I built. It has a bore length of 12", the suppressor ends at 17". I really like the way it handles, it's becoming my favorite. I went with 5.56, since 300bo subs weren't, much different than 9mm, except better range. Was mostly trying for a more shooter friendly shorty, and only one stamp. Travel just a bonus.
    I didn't make the suppressor serviceable, didn't see the need on a 5.56.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations
    Class II/ 07 SOT Manufacturer
    Glock Advanced Armorer

Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.