Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XD-E

A question that test firing will answer is whether the prominent guide rod will prevent the slide going out of battery. Even that won't prevent friction on the slide or the sights, or some other mechanism, from pushing the slide out of battery.
    OTOC

Warrior for the working day.

"One pistol is worth a thousand words."

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    A question that test firing will answer is whether the prominent guide rod will prevent the slide going out of battery. Even that won't prevent friction on the slide or the sights, or some other mechanism, from pushing the slide out of battery.
    It's possible it will on a hard surface like a sternum or skull, but I'd bet good money that the slide will come out of battery when pressed against softer parts of the body. Of course, the same is true with extended guide rods or extended barrels in Glocks, but we have that option of a thumb behind the slide with them.

So... Fucking... STUPID!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we just buy the hammer?

It'll slide right into the stick loop on my duty belt.

To quote the XO: "Give a man a hammer and every problem looks like a nail."
    Last edited by Papa; 04-30-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    OTOC

Warrior for the working day.

"One pistol is worth a thousand words."

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

Favorite comment on this gun that I've seen so far:

"I'm in the UNDERWHELMED ZONE"
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post

So... Fucking... STUPID!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got the press release email... do they really sell a hammer with this? WTF? I mean I'm in marketing and I'm rolling my eyes.

What can we say about the XD E that already hasn't been said about the last president??

Quote Originally Posted by Spblademaker View Post
    What can we say about the XD E that already hasn't been said about the last president??
    In that case, the XDE is WONDERFUL by comparison.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Shredder View Post
    I got the press release email... do they really sell a hammer with this? WTF? I mean I'm in marketing and I'm rolling my eyes.
    You know, if it was something like Thor's hammer, or some kind of cool Viking hammer or something it would actually be interesting.

Instead it looks like SA did a bulk buy of hammers at the dollar store and paid an intern to stamp them.

Even if the gun is any good the gimmicky marketing ruins it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    In your opinion, what is the niche of a hammer-fired single-stacked pistol? Is there a niche for this that a G43 cannot fill?
    For most folks on this forum, likely not. For shooters with impaired hand/arm strength, it offers a lighter recoil spring (thanks to the hammer also retarding the rearward movement of the slide), so ladies, the elderly, those with injuries, etc. may be able to operate the XD-E when they experience difficulty operating a striker-fired pistol.

For me, the double action (I refer to true double action, with hammer fully at rest until the operation of the trigger both cocks and fires the piece) is necessary for AIWB carry. While I don't plan to get the XD-E, this niche is well-served by my 3rd Gen S&W .40, or my SP101 snubbie. While a lot of others may choose to pack a pistol either in Condition 1 or with a pre-loaded striker pointing directly at their groin and/or femoral artery, I have less faith than they do in mechanical objects. Sears and safeties malfunction at the darnedest times...

I freely admit this is "just me," but given the choice of the G42/G43 or the XD-E, I would select the XD-E. It does offer Condition 1 carry if desired. I have already settled on EDCs that suit me better.