Thread: TucTite holster

Default TucTite holster

I ran across this design and am intrigued. It looks like it could be a more convenient and comfortable holster. Can't download pictures with my phone but here's the web site;
    https://tuctite.co

The reason this caught my attention is because carrying a spare mag is uncomfortable with a separate mag carrier.
    I use a Smartcarry on occasion and it's comfortable. Been trying to figure out how to make something in Kydex that would work above the belt line like an Archangel. This may be it.
    If you were put on trial for being a Christian would they find enough evidence in your home and behavior to convict you?

These kinds of holsters have become popular among the Instagram shooting crowd, but it's not without good reason. I think T-rex Arms began making these popular.

I like the tab on the side of the holster that keeps the gun from flaring away from your belly, that's a huge improvement. I'm not wild about two things though. 1) The clips are less secure (a required compromise for tucking, sure), and 2) keeping the mag in the front. In my mind, your mag can take the backseat near your 7 or 8 o'clock and another weapon (a fixed blade for example) should be up front near your pistol.

But everyone has different needs, so this may work for some who's niches I'm unaware of.
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

You want a spare mag up front. Whether it's attached to the holster doesn't really matter. The only consideration for this setup is comfort and concealability. Setups like this are catching on but I prefer a separate mag holder, I can place it anywhere and it moves with me.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

I like this type of hoslter - the design itself helps me conceal because I'm small and have been told I dress like a fag. The problem is the belt attachment method is a kydex clip - which is a shit option.

Currently I'm working with custom maker to get a better set up designed. The wing claw whatever thing really does help.

I don't patronize Trex arms kydex any longer... For reasons that should be apparent if you stumble across any one of their 500 new IG videos posted in the midst of 8 week lead times

CPM,CRG

Quote Originally Posted by strengverboten View Post
    I like this type of hoslter - the design itself helps me conceal because I'm small and have been told I dress like a fag. The problem is the belt attachment method is a kydex clip - which is a shit option.

Currently I'm working with custom maker to get a better set up designed. The wing claw whatever thing really does help.

I don't patronize Trex arms kydex any longer... For reasons that should be apparent if you stumble across any one of their 500 new IG videos posted in the midst of 8 week lead times

From the pics you can see that your pistol really hugs your figure, much more than a typical archangel holster would allow. I'm about your same build and that's my #1 problem when carrying in anything other than an NPE holster.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    From the pics you can see that your pistol really hugs your figure, much more than a typical archangel holster would allow. I'm about your same build and that's my #1 problem when carrying in anything other than an NPE holster.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Yes... for me its the non curvature of the AA and the 2 "Hot spots" as I call them that the pull the dot loop snaps make above the belt line. That really makes an AA look like I've got a boomerang in my pants

The solution I'm working on is a low profile split kydex loop with the whole unit built "twisted" so to speak against my abs. I'll have to thread a belt thru but the trade off is security

Last edited by strengverboten; 04-21-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    CPM,CRG

I have a trex sidecar and find I like the design however it could use some improvements. I suppose my biggest complaint is that I need to adapt my belt of choice from my old leather and "western" stylebuckls to a nylon or cobra style then wear it with the buckle on the side. Something I can get away with now that the summer work will take me out of the office and into the field.