Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New concealed firearm

Well...look what jumped in my car today. My new concealed carry pistol! A Sig P225. After spending time with my P220 and realizing that I am a much better shot with it than my Kahr, I bought her little sister. Now I need to get some range time!

Droid did it!

Back when my PD issued P226s for patrol the Defectives carried P225s. After a fight with the range staff for me to carry my ASP pistol, I finally decided to get a 225. I loved it. It was basically a 226 (ok 228) that shrunk in the dryer. All the controls were the same, takedown is the same and the trigger is the same. Yep its a little large for a concealed single stack handgun by todays standards BUT its still a great gun. I miss mine. I toyed with a buddy's P239 for a while but never bought it (probably another mistake)

ENJOY

Very nice, now go get that thing dirty!
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

Oooooh. Nice. I really like the 225. It's also one of those guns that causes me to quickly judge the bearer--in a good way. If somebody carries a Hi-Point, I immediately dismiss them. If they carry a close-to-stock "normal" Glock/Sig/HK/etc., I don't really draw any conclusions one way or the other. But some guns make me pause and think, "This person knows something." The HK PSP/P7 would make that list, as would the P225. I like it.
    Virtute et Armis

BigDogMom

Steve, my dad, and I are shooting at Wade's today. You could come shoot it then? I'll let you try my 320 if you want.

LOL Lawdog I had carried an HK P7 for quite awhile, but as to claiming I know something, I am more like Shultz "I know Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    Very nice, now go get that thing dirty!
    Heading out tonight after the shop closes to throw some rounds through her....oh, then Cinco for dinner! :) Heading up on the hill with the Hobbit on Sunday

Droid did it!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg0811 View Post
    BigDogMom

Steve, my dad, and I are shooting at Wade's today. You could come shoot it then? I'll let you try my 320 if you want.
    Now, this would be amazing, but unfortunately that would be a 6 to 7 hour drive for me (should have left by now). I am fully planted in small town, Central Oregon

Droid did it!

I switched from a P7 PSP to a Steyr M9 A-1 / Glock 19. Because mo bullets is better.

It's easier to RMR a G19.

What would an HK P7 M13 with an RMR be like? Super gun? Or Dinosaur in a flight suit?

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    It's also one of those guns that causes me to quickly judge the bearer--in a good way. If somebody carries a Hi-Point, I immediately dismiss them..
    Plus, if you get killed while you were using a Hi-Point, you don't go to Vallhalla, you go to Val-Holla!, where the shield maidens bring you 40's of King Cobra malt liquor and they wear neon booty shorts and hair weaves.
    Armed Puritan

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogmom View Post
    Now, this would be amazing, but unfortunately that would be a 6 to 7 hour drive for me (should have left by now). I am fully planted in small town, Central Oregon

Droid did it!
    Are you on the dry side now?

(this is Dan, you know me from training, not sure if you knew my screen name)