Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Going into a building against an adversary who has CQB training when you have none is about as smart as sticking your hand in a blender.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Do it. I'll give an uabriged version of my thoughts. Want some peeps that have takenCQB from me to weigh in
    Weapon retention! Arms extended! Asking for guns to be taken. No ambidextrous handling.

I only got 1:30 in, video died.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Ok watched the rest. Tactics match children chasing unarmed opponents with bound arms. They didn't use cover well. They could have done pair movements better. Arms/weapons extended. No fluidity in movement, especially around corners. Very stiff.

Chasing opponents who won't fight you certainly reinforces bad tactics.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Lots of muzzle sweeping and the like but the substance in this video lies elsewhere. These kids are molded from an early age to kill mercilessly. After they're done, picture them as poor little refugee children escaping the horrors of war coming in here. Imagine even one of them, with that kind of training.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Look into the eyes of those little fuckers. Their tactics may be less than perfect but they are seriously in the fold.

I have to wonder how many of these 'children' are among the tens of thousands of 'Syrian refugees' exported to Europe and America.....
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    ...Chasing opponents who won't fight you certainly reinforces bad tactics.
    I'm certain that CQB/MOUT wasn't the lesson intended for them. Executing bound prisoners reinforces an entirely different mindset.

But on that note, some of them displayed a lot of hesitation. These types of things must be completed with the utmost amount of violence, speed and force possible.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

The first and easist thing is ridicule this video. Either by making critical remarks about some of their kid's tactics, or the captive's unwillingness to resist.

Watch it again. Notice that determination to sweep through the building and kill the occupants is what we need to focus, because this can happen to any retail store, office building, hotel, home or school.

The answer to the question - Yes, I do need to train for CQB.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

People do need to train for CQB, indeed! However, there are many gun owners who simply train one dimentionally -- same stance, same paper target, from the same distance -- every single time they shoot. They never shoot any types of scenarios or stress courses. They never train their minds to the level they need to in order to be able to use that weapon to defend themselves in a life or death situation. Once the mind is trained, the body will follow. CQB...yep, it's needed!

Ok, it’s time for me to weigh in on this now I think.

As you watch the video you can see that there are multiple static targets scattered throughout the structure and as the little hajletts roll through there is zero hesitation on their part to give them a few rounds. I think the “hesitation” mentioned above isn’t hesitation, it’s ensuring that the camera man gets in the proper position to capture the shot, specifically the kill shot. What I see, specifically the body shots is they engage almost immediately this kids are savage little killers. You can see on their faces that they have no feeling about what they are doing and no value for the lives they are taking. It’s dispassionate. Look at their hands, they aren’t even shaking a little bit.

Mentally the hajletts are ready to kill and as the video demonstrates are accumulating the required skills to do so. Are you?

Overall I think their tactics were pretty poor. So let’s run through those for a bit. Firstly the constantly moved with weapons extended, even when entering a room, they practiced no weapon retention throughout the entire video. Same with muzzle awareness, there wasn’t any, I think that it’s possible to assume that it’s from a lack of training as much as lack of regard for their team mates safety. If it’s the latter then it’s worrisome because if you shut one of the little shooters down the others will carry on without skipping a beat. They also constantly entered rooms alone. To me this potentially speaks to two things.

1. They are training for soft targets where they expect resistance to be minimal or nonexistent and target density to be high. If this is the case then their tactics make sense as they can spread more destruction at a faster pace by splitting up. Also by not moving as a group except when transitioning from one part of the structure it would add confusion for any defender of or responder to the scene and make it much harder to pin down. This can cause the event to last longer and potentially allow more opportunity for escape.
    2. The other possibility is that they don’t have appropriate resources to pull this instruction other than movies and the internet. Personally I am never going to assume that my enemy is ignorant so I am leaning more toward number one.

From an educational standpoint, if they penetrated deeper into the rooms right away they would increase their effectiveness, their trigger discipline was actually pretty good and probably one of the only reasons they didn’t shoot each other, and they clearly had a plan as you can see that when they came back together after handling their individual areas there was only a brief pause before moving on. Their flow wasn’t very clean as stated in other comments but it’s hard to tell if that was caused by the attempts to get the footage or if was just how they’ve learned how to do this.

I mentioned on FB that with the tactics the hajletts were using I could drop the whole crew with a spork. LawDog called me out as an unfair example and I think I have to agree, people get training in gun handling, marksmanship, H2H, and FOF but neglect to be trained to use these skill where most of us spend 95% of our time.
    AKA: Fuzzy

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    Warlord of the TWOTU

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.