Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    By my count that's just under half full in less than 48 hours
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

It was asked, but I didn't see an answer, nor a dismissal, about a "conference call, Skype, or Go to Meeting, style option? Sounds like a must take lecture, and I would love to take it. IN to AZ for a lecture isn't in the cards for me, but a $150 phone call, Skype, conference call is very doable!

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    It was asked, but I didn't see an answer, nor a dismissal, about a "conference call, Skype, or Go to Meeting, style option? Sounds like a must take lecture, and I would love to take it. IN to AZ for a lecture isn't in the cards for me, but a $150 phone call, Skype, conference call is very doable!
    Hey bro, it's your dime! I'll act as a proxy for you, but a decent bottle of whiskey is required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not saying "never" on the conference thing. I will say NEVER on a DVD or something others can copy and share. As well, I do not want the Elmer Fudd types, liberal media...or liberal gun media for that matter having access. Nothing in life is free and nothing of quality is simple. We put in the work, so those who want this can put in the travel time. I will say that this is not the sort of information we want to deliver in anything but a face to face closed door presentation.

Class is nearly full with 22 enrolled...many are LE incidentally. I would love to announce the class has filled to capacity by Monday.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I am not saying "never" on the conference thing. I will say NEVER on a DVD or something others can copy and share. As well, I do not want the Elmer Fudd types, liberal media...or liberal gun media for that matter having access. Nothing in life is free and nothing of quality is simple. We put in the work, so those who want this can put in the travel time. I will say that this is not the sort of information we want to deliver in anything but a face to face closed door presentation.

Class is nearly full with 22 enrolled...many are LE incidentally. I would love to announce the class has filled to capacity by Monday.
    Understood!

I predict the class is filled by tonight.

I've received some emails asking questions about the class and I'd like to address some of those. First and foremost, this isn't a class on how to get away with murder. This is a class designed to educate the civilian and law enforcement professional in the following ways:

1. Understanding justification for lethal force;
    2. Pre-planning scenarios is one's mind to avoid lethal force if it can be done, but if not, then to successfully negotiate the incident unwillingly pushed upon you, the victim;
    3. Understanding the investigation process. This is incredibly important as with knowledge of what may happen comes comfort and peace in knowing you're in the right and the situation will work out.
    4. Practical exercises on learning how to articulate your justification for the lethal force incident. We're not talking about creating something that wasn't, or isn't, there, but about logically explaining your progress through the flow chart which necessitated action.

There is a precedent for this type of education, although I don't think it has ever been done this in-depth before. We teach LE recruits the process in the Academy and we teach civilians the process in the concealed weapons courses. The problem is we just do a cursory education and often times there are questions left unanswered.

The goal of this course is that when you leave, and your personal questions are answered, you will have an action plan pre-grooved in your brain that you can come back to during the actual incident. I'm huge on having my squad always play the "what if game" as they move through their day. Playing this game helps them avoid 90%+ of the problems and gives them a plan for the ones that they can't avoid.

Is this a class on murder - no. Is this a class on killing - absolutely. It is a class on killing because in this training we professionally discuss a topic when this action is forced on you.

A life of roses, glitter, unicorns and rainbows in nice, but we need to deal with reality.

If you're looking for agency polices, trade secrets or secret cop stuff you'll be disappointed. Now, if you're LE, and you want interview tips then maybe Gabe will do a closed class. For the civilian or LE taking this scheduled class I expect it all to be new information and considerable insight to be gained. For the LE professional especially, I expect them to say to themselves as they leave, "Now I know what happens - that isn't so scary and now I understand - I'm not afraid to do my job." Not being afraid - confidence. Confidence = longer life span.
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 04-07-2017 at 09:51 AM.

I wanted to add some more. I'm really a proponent of understanding the Power of Why. "Why is this happening?" is a question we all face in new circumstances. The class answers that.

Were I a LEO in a shooting for the first time I might ask these following "Why Questions":

1. Why is my pistol being taken away?
    2. Why am I being advised of Miranda?
    3. Why am I being transported to the hospital?
    4. Why am I sitting with a supervisor in his vehicle, at the ambulance or in a restaurant?
    5. Why am I being asked to do a walk through?
    6. Why is my Admin and Criminal investigation conducted separately?

Were I a civilian I might ask these "Why Questions":
    1. Why is a search warrant being executed?
    2. Why am I being photographed, buccal swabbed, etc.
    3. Why am I being driven to the police station for a second interview?
    4. Plus all the police why questions....

Why? Why? An important question. When you have the answers you have peace of mind - LEO or civilian - doesn't matter.

For those who don't want to discuss this topic or make snide comments I ask the following question: Why?

A deputy at breakfast said something interesting about this class and the uproar... he said [which I'll make politically correct for Gabe] "We have d!@ks and parents tell us about sex and consequences that might happen. We have guns, why won't they tell us about consequences? Seems like both can get you in trouble if misused."

Brilliant.... So, I guess this class is the sex talk of the gun industry. That makes Gabe into Dr. Ruth??
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 04-07-2017 at 10:38 AM.

When Jonathan and I first started brain-storming this we came to the conclusion that knowledge arms people and removes the fear of the unknown. In our first mindset seminar, we found that when people are armed with the truth about post-shooting events it reduces the fear to actually act when the situation calls for action.

Doubt kills action, and you can't properly develop a warrior mindset when you have lingering doubt about your fate after taking action. This also destroys the fear based mentality that permeates the gun community. You can't think in the language of violence when you're mentally handwringing about liability and litigation.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Seven spots left kids. This will be full by tonight or tomorrow.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters