Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Needs to get a little thicker skin when his blog views are challenged.
    Weird title though, must be watching too much network TV. Must have patterned the title after the how to get away with murder show, which I have never seen, but could probably do a decent review in from only reading the title as well.

If he takes you up on the offer, it will at least prove that he is man enough to learn something.
    If he doesn't, I'm pretty sure you will be able to find solace somehow.
    CRG
    July 2011
    KRG
    May 2015

The Origination and Purpose of the Lecture Series:

I would say I'm in a unique position regarding this series: I wrote the curriculum.

This started several years ago when I was searching for advanced CQB training for CT officers. As the supervisor of one of the most active units of its type in the western half of the United States, who wanted the best for "his guys", I made a phone call to Gabe Suarez. He didn't know me, but I certainly knew of him - my brother had taken several classes previously and told me, "what's he's teaching is designed for what you do." I explained to Gabe I didn't believe in luck, but we'd been lucky with several recent experiences. I asked him to please turn the luck into skill.

I attended Gabe's Complete Pistol Gunfighting Course and was astounded. It was as if it was purpose built for the CT/Intel operator and I immediately saw life saving skills being imparted. Skills that I knew would have kept past friends alive.

I sent several CT/Intel operators and agency range staff to the next Complete Pistol Gunfighting Course. They felt the same and we altered our agency curriculum in part to match new skills learned from SI.

In watching Gabe, Brent and others teach I saw something I hadn't seen in quite a long time, and quite frankly I felt something as well. I saw a pure desire to impart life-saving skill sets out of genuine concern for the student's future welfare. Yes, Gabe is a capitalist and he makes money, but watch him in class. You can't tell me he genuinely isn't interested in helping the student win the gunfight. Having been to many funerals, having made death notifications to families I've shared life experiences with, I knew SI's training would help decrease that as much as humanly possible. With this goal in mind, I organized a method for SI to train a multi-agency CT/Intel task force for a very unique, and very large, public event. The training was difficult, challenging, intellectually revolutionary and incredibly difficult on the traditional law enforcement programming, but in the end - the true end - it paid off incredible dividends on the street. Having seen the success of SI training from a very first hand vantage point, and knowing it could mitigate pain and loss felt by family members of a downed officer, ChrisNobody and I started a personal mission - the WT Scholarship Program. We invested significant personal funds, and funds from a very gracious benefactor, into the training of LE and civilian students alike by funding their SI training. Once again, return on investment was high and dividends paid off where it really mattered - on the street.

In the process of all this I received numerous questions from students about the investigations related to shootings and lethal force incidents. I answered their questions from first hand experience - a non-traditional and incredibly honest answer based on my investigations of death and violence. In the end, I sat down one night and asked myself what I'd want my brother to know about the system, the laws, the investigators, the process and the pitfalls, should he ever be involved in a lethal force incident. I wrote a curriculum and it became what I taught in Seattle, WA. Its a curriculum I believe in so strongly that ChrisNobody and I paid all our costs associated with the teaching trip. It is a curriculum I believe in so strongly because because of what it produces. It doesn't teach one how to commit murder, but it teaches one how to be confident and know they're in the right. This confidence translates into power, choices and knowledge. Knowledge is power and comfort.

Above all, this class is about education, confidence and pre-addressing incidents in an intellectual, informed and educated manner so it doesn't need to be done at the time one's life is being threatened and adrenaline is pumping.

What is in this course? There aren't any trade secrets revealed, there aren't any agency policies divulged. In fact, my own experiences and agency aren't even mentioned - Gabe is far more entertaining. The curriculum is based on research into a multitude of agencies to discern best practices and procedures. Nothing is agency specific and the class is for LE and civilian alike.

Take the class and you will get an experience like no other - unless you're a homicide suspect. Learn from Gabe, Greg and others.

But above all - please read this part - above all, learn the realities of the lethal force incident, the investigation process, the mindset needed to survive and to properly assess the threat in the first place, and gain the confidence you need to impart this knowledge to others - be that your patrol squad or family. Confidence saves lives - simple as that.

This course is about saving lives and not taking them. Sometimes, lives must be taken when no other choice exists, but when they are one shouldn't be made to feel sorry, dejected or sad. We are all warriors - always have been; take a look at history. No one at SI, let alone myself as the writer of the curriculum, advocated murder in any fashion, but when lethal outside forces attempt to apply their will to you and/or your family I advocate educated, cool, calm, professional erradication of those force without mercy or remorse. Yes, sometimes killing in necessary. There I said it - killing is necessary. Feeling bad about it is pointless and counter-productive. This course is about instilling the cool, calm, professional education and thought processing skill sets into your mind so you can efficiently, legally and morally wield the gun.

If you believe in this cause take the class. If you can't take the class donate to the course scholarship fund so others may, or others may attend SI training. Ladies and Gentlemen, I say with this real intent: Evil does exist and there are people, ideologies and efforts underway to harm you, your families and those you care about. This evil comes in the form of the common criminal and even in the form of terrorism, for which this country has already felt that intent and buried its citizens. When faced with evil you have to decide what to do. That decision making process and preparation starts long before the event. "Getting it right in your mind" is the first and perhaps the most important building block upon which you can lay all additional training. If you see the intent and necessity here - well, I'll see you in class.

I make no apologies for this.

Jonathan
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 04-06-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Ten enrollments since announcement 24 hours ago.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

We need 20 more

Three more today.
    Gabe Suarez

In this class I want to get down into the detail of such simple topics as voluntariness, body language and choice of syntax. I don't think those real and important topics have ever been discussed.....just three of a hundred or more details that speak volumes regarding the total picture and investigation direction.

Maybe Gabe and I will roll play an interrogation.
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 04-06-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    In this class I want to get down into the detail of such simple topics as voluntariness, body language and choice of syntax. I don't think those real and important topics have ever been discussed.....just three of a hundred or more details that speak volumes regarding the total picture and investigation direction.

Maybe Gabe and I will roll play an interrogation.

Excellent idea.
    Gabe Suarez

Looks to be a hot topic:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ike-gentleman/

Maybe in time other instructors will be claiming it was their idea.

Seven more enrolled.
    Gabe Suarez

What does that bring the total up to? Perhaps there is now a sense of urgency before the class fills up.