Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Lol and I will be the one in the Oscar de la Renta sport coat and Caiman boots.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

I noticed in the comments of that blog a goodly number of "armed citizens" said they wanted to be seen as survivors if ever involved in a gun fight. I have been and I'm not a survivor, I am the victor.

This class looks very interesting and instructive.

I just read the article and it looks like the comments have been closed down... Or my iPhone won't display them. Hopefully the guy takes up the offer for the free class.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

On his FB page before he banned me, I asked:

"Isn't that what self defense with a gun really is? Don't you want to stay out of jail afterwards?"

I guess that was too much for his Fudd brain to handle.
    Matt
    John 14:6
    My Hero DID walk on water!

IRS = KGB

When your enemy views death as a promotion, you know you are in for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    I just read the article and it looks like the comments have been closed down... Or my iPhone won't display them. Hopefully the guy takes up the offer for the free class.
    Comments are there, even someone alluding to Gabe's offer. Also, comments by that gun law dude Branca, guess he's more Ayoobian, than Suarez?

Gents...we have ten enrolled in 24 hours. Lets get 20 more. The proceeds from this by the way will be used to finance training for police officers in our classes to help them win their gunfights. I personally will not make a penny from this class. Pass that on so everyone knows the objective here.

To whom much is given...from then much is required.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    I noticed in the comments of that blog a goodly number of "armed citizens" said they wanted to be seen as survivors if ever involved in a gun fight. I have been and I'm not a survivor, I am the victor..
    That kills me too. Surviving means 1) the bad guy got board of killing and left 2) you hid well enough he did not see you 3) someone came along and won the fight and saved you.

I second the request for a dial in option.

I posted the following response. I assume it will be deleted but we'll see.

I am an instructor with Suarez international and I know the gentleman who wrote the curriculum for this course. He is an experienced law enforcement officer, specializing in violent crime investigation. He understands investigative procedures, the questions law enforcement asks in the aftermath of violent encounters, and the answers that will help keep you out of jail (which will be easy to articulate if you were justified in the first place). He is uniquely qualified to explain the conditions in which lethal force is justified as well as how to articulate the necessity of such force.

Earlier this year I invited him to speak to a group of roughly 40 students (both civilians and law-enforcement). The course was a master class on several topics for the legal use-of-force. The material was engaging, informative and entertaining, and the feedback I received from students was phenomenal. In particular I kept my eye on some of the officers in attendance and often noted them nodding their heads in agreement.

Here's the thing guys, if you have to protect yourself with a gun, you will probably need to kill. If you don't want to go to jail, that killing must be within the law. And if the course title "Killing Within the Law” is too strident for you, I suggest that you reconsider carrying a firearm because the reality is probably a bit too spicy for your delicate sensibilities. Nothing within the course material suggests getting away with murder. Murder and killing are different things, as I would expect you all should know.

The course material was delivered with eloquent professionalism and raw honesty. It’s based on real-world experience. I have been through other legal seminars in the past and none had the amount of detail, insight, and practical perspective found in this course. Many of the comments here indicate a complete lack of understanding of the realities of a gun fight, let alone the legal aftermath.

Bob Owens, I understand you can only judge the course by its description. But I attended the course, and indeed reviewed the curriculum prior to its presentation. Your article does not convey the reality of this course. I understand that you have been offered a free seat and I encourage you to attend.

Finally, for those not aware, this course is being offered to raise scholarship money to provide firearms training to law-enforcement officers. This is excellent material, for a very reasonable price, with the proceeds going to an admirable cause.

Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

I just gave a 30 minute interview for the Home Defense Show. Will post it later when I get the link.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Author's Bio: Bob Owens
    Bob Owens is the Editor of BearingArms.com. Bob is a graduate of roughly 400 hours of professional firearms training classes, including square range and force-on force work with handguns and carbines. He is a past volunteer instructor with Project Appleseed. He most recently received his Vehicle Close Quarters Combat Instructor certification from Centrifuge Training, and is the author of the short e-book, So You Want to Own a Gun. He can be found on Twitter at bob_owens.
    Gotta give him his props for being a past volunteer instructor with Project Appleseed. Plus, he's been to lots of classes.

Maybe someday this lecture will be available on video or even online, like Mindset.
    Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 04-06-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    DPS
    PSP
    CRG
    KRG
    0-5
    TASI
    APSP