Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elzetta lights?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    You addressed​ many of the questions I had. I'm really debating between the Alpha and Bravo. Have you ever wished you got the Bravo? Have you been able to compare the beam of the Bravo and Alpha? My understanding is that the Alpha's beam is much wider than the Bravo. Do feel the Alpha extends out of your hand enough to strike with?
    I too have all 3 bodies (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie), have both the M60 and AVS heads for the Bravo an Charlie, and have both the standard and flood lenses.

I have experimented with all these setups in no/low light training.

As I mentioned before, I EDC the Alpha with the standard lens as the flood lens on this size did not offer enough throw.

IMO, on the Bravo and Charlie the M60 head is a waste of money versus the AVS which makes a huge difference in performance. I prefer the flood lens with these larger bodies because you still get very good throw but with amazing situational awareness due to the spill (no other light I've seen compares). Now granted I'm in an urban/suburban AO. If I was in a rural area then I may consider the standard lens on these. While the Charlie does have more light, I think the Bravo is the best balance.

The Bravo's AVS head, however, does not work well for me for EDC versus the Alpha which is sized right and is "sufficient" for most uses.

I'm actually in the process of adding an X300 to my pistol so the Alpha will soon be relegated to general, not tactical, tasks. Hope this helps.
    Love, Loyalty, Life, Leadership

All my lights come from https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights

Vinhnguyen54@gmail.com improves every light he touches. I have a pocket light, 18650 battery, that throws 500 meters.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

H. L. Mencken

I now carry a Thorfire, which cost less than lunch at a food truck. It throws a reasonable beam of light and has been perfectly reliable for several years now. I thank Surefire for breaking new ground, but the cheap Chinese knock-offs are now their virtual equal for performance, and far best them on price. I didn't expect much from the Thorfire. I just wanted it for striking. (It's a good kubotan size.) But it has turned out to be a very good light.
    Virtute et Armis

Well I placed an order with Surefire for the new Surefire G2Z with the 650 lumens max vision head. I called Surefire before I place the order to verify they were in stock. It's a brand new light for them and no one else has them in stock. I was told they were in stock ready to ship. I placed the order immediately. The next morning I received an email stating that the light was on backorder and they didn't have an availability date. A week later I received basically the same email. I have a class coming up soon and cannot risk the chance of not having a light better suited for low light pistol work so I cancelled the order and was ready to order the Elzetta. Giving it one more good look and reading the specs I decided to look into they company that's making their LEDs, Malkoff. I found that Malkoff is also making a single output head with potted electronics for my 9year old Surefire. A quick call to Malkoff, I was given a 10% off promo code and had all the my question answered by the owner of the company. Impressed so far. I've yet to receive the new head but so far I feel my contact with them has been very positive. Gene Malkoff mentioned they have a lifetime no questions asked warranty. He said if I found a flashlight in a ditch with his name on it that didn't work he fix or replace it no matter why the light wasn't working.
    Anyway just an update.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

I ordered the new g2z and also received the email about it being on back order. Then it showers up at my mailbox 5 days later. I have been carrying it for about a week now, and I'm really happy with it so far. I still like all my elzetta lights but this one is even lighter than the alpha although it's a 2 cell

for small lights (my EDC) is a 2 AAA Inova. Good Body, Decent throw for a 2AAA and small enough to actually carry all the time without issue. Switch is pushbutton momentary or twist the cap for constant on. I will try to find the actual model number. VERY robust and just long enough in the hand to strike with (but no weight to add impact)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by David Vittitoe View Post
    I ordered the new g2z and also received the email about it being on back order. Then it showers up at my mailbox 5 days later. I have been carrying it for about a week now, and I'm really happy with it so far. I still like all my elzetta lights but this one is even lighter than the alpha although it's a 2 cell
    Interesting.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.