Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sad Day

Hi maim, hope all is well thanks for the well wishes. Tonights excercise went very well, all smiles etc.
    Regards
    Hannes

Sent from my SM-J106F using Tapatalk
    If my time must come, let it be when I am protecting my loved ones. Let there be a pile of brass scattered around me and a pile of my enemies at my feet. Let my slides be locked open on empty mags and my knife broken. Let my face be bloody from biting the throat of my last foe and let me be wearing a necklace of fresh ears. Take me to Your Heavens and let me hear the laughter of my children as they reenact the fight and I will rest peacefully.- Edelweiss.

I'm thinking you need to make the drills "FUN". Why don't you make a chart and everyone who does a good job gets a sticker next to their name, or to put on the wall by their bed. To make it even more fun the stickers could be ears, or dead terrs, or the old RSA flag... Maybe a special treat would be to bite the heads off Gummy Bears and pin them at the feet of a picture of each kid who did a good job. Whoever gets the most stickers or "heads" at the end of each season gets to pick what they want for a special dinner.

When you make killing terrs fun at a young age you get that motivation for life....

Well I just fell of my chair with coffee coming out my nose and possibly my ears. I havent heard a good idee like that in a long. You need to come visit your nieces, they need some uncle motivation

If my time must come, let it be when I am protecting my loved ones. Let there be a pile of brass scattered around me and a pile of my enemies at my feet. Let my slides be locked open on empty mags and my knife broken. Let my face be bloody from biting the throat of my last foe and let me be wearing a necklace of fresh ears. Take me to Your Heavens and let me hear the laughter of my children as they reenact the fight and I will rest peacefully.- Edelweiss.

Hahaha I'm really liking the pile of heads thing, so much I'm thinking about doing one for us here at Casa EDELWEISS. I just brought the idea up with HeadShrinkHer, she liked the part about motivating the kids with treats and making it fun BUT she doesn't want to do it here--I told her that just cost her a gummy bear...

I'm also thinking the "girls" need Airsoft or Nerf guns (yes even the baby), so they can be like daddy and mommy.

I like, jeez, been missing all this great input.

Family legend has a great great uncle went to Transvaal in the 1870s when my branch came to the states. My oldest is getting an air rifle for her 6th birthday. I make shooting and weapons normal and safe. My newborn 'held' a knife before he was an hour old. They are used to seeing me check the house with pistol drawn. Just make it normal.
    Stickers will be an easier sell than gummy bear heads.

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk
    Soli Deo Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by ErikRN View Post
    Stickers will be an easier sell than gummy bear heads.

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk
    Yep--but theres the added benefit of a sweet victory (associating a good thing with good behavior). They get to eat the rest of the "kill"....

Maybe stickers of ears?
    "No matter how bizarre and extreme the teachings of the man-haters becomes, it doesn't really matter. Because when it comes right down to it, we can kill them and eat them. And they know this." -LawDog

"Don't like how I live my life? There's plenty of other people in the world. F*ck off and go bother them."
    -Glock45

Train hard and fight harder.

While I would like to think that children should be allowed to just be children I believe that is the exception rather than the rule.

I pray for the safety of you, your family and your neighbors. May God bless and watch over you all.
    "There are two kinds of people in this world: Those that enter a room and turn the television set on, and those that enter a room and turn the television set off."
    -Raymond Shaw

"Charity has got everything to do with giving and absolutely nothing to do with taking."

"Studies show that a rapist who has been shot several times loses ardor."
    -Fred Reed

"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"

Trench

Quote Originally Posted by Trench View Post
    Train hard and fight harder.

While I would like to think that children should be allowed to just be children I believe that is the exception rather than the rule.

I pray for the safety of you, your family and your neighbors. May God bless and watch over you all.
    First these are Boer children. They have been outnumbered and surrounded by enemies for 350 years. They are tough, they just have to realize it. The Hottentots are the enemies of the birth. So its only a matter of awakening them to their blood heritage.

Second you cant spell infantry without infant. It would be nice if they could play in pretty dresses and pigtails; but history and politics eliminated that possibility. Did I mention that these are Boer kids...