Thread: Swedish Snus

Default Swedish Snus

Has anyone tried Swedish Snus? I've enjoyed the occasional Camel Snus (mellow flavor, if you must know) but like other forms of American dip, you'll get a tummy ache if you swallow any juice. Stopped at a gas station on the way home and saw General brand snus in a case at the counter. Figured I'd give it a shot. Long story short, the General mini mint is delicious and it really seems to be spitless as far as I can tell. I have had some in my upper lip for over an hour, have swallowed, drank, etc and no burn or tummy ache. The urge to spit really isn't even there. Crazy how the Swedes figured out how to enjoy tobacco without the fuss of carrying a spit cup around. Those Vikings surr knew what they were doing.

I've been using snus since 6/30/16. It helped me quit a nasty cigarette habit.
    It is is still tobacco with nicotine. Considered a reduced harm product. According to studies, in the over 200 years of snus production and use, there hasn't been 1 case of cancer or gum disease or tooth loss. Nicotine is habit forming. If you have never used tobacco in any form I would strongly advise anyone not to start.
    Do your own research if you wish to continue using it. I really like it. I don't smoke anymore, I feel better, and my Lady says I smell great now.
    If you look online you'll find a lot of stores in Sweden that will ship to your home in 2 days. And there are many tasty flavors to choose from.

Hope this helps.
    John

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

John, what kind of snus do you like?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ha, had a meeting with a vendor yesterday and one of the guys was Swedish and he had a can on the table right in front of him.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

Swedish Snus, of course. Just kidding.

I'm guessing you mean flavors.
    First, everyone's tastes are different, and will change over time.
    I prefer the more tobacco-centric snus'.
    Traditional snus is tobacco with a touch of bergomot(citrus).
    Then there are the mint and wintergreen flavors.
    Then alternative flavors.

I couldn't stand the wintergreen when I first tried it. Now I like it quite a bit. The Swedish consider this a typical American taste.
    I really like the vanilla flavor.
    General Snus is the king of snus, but there are many others out there. If you want to know brands let me know.

By the way, there are different nicotine strengths as well. What we can buy here in the States is regular strength. Then there is strong, extra strong, and ultra strong. Some of these are on the ridiculous side of strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper66 View Post
    Swedish Snus, of course. Just kidding.

I'm guessing you mean flavors.
    First, everyone's tastes are different, and will change over time.
    I prefer the more tobacco-centric snus'.
    Traditional snus is tobacco with a touch of bergomot(citrus).
    Then there are the mint and wintergreen flavors.
    Then alternative flavors.

I couldn't stand the wintergreen when I first tried it. Now I like it quite a bit. The Swedish consider this a typical American taste.
    I really like the vanilla flavor.
    General Snus is the king of snus, but there are many others out there. If you want to know brands let me know.

By the way, there are different nicotine strengths as well. What we can buy here in the States is regular strength. Then there is strong, extra strong, and ultra strong. Some of these are on the ridiculous side of strong.

Yeah I'd be interested in what brands you like. I too prefer a more vanilla or tobacco-flavored taste. Camel Snus Mellow is pretty much straight vanilla in flavor. The General brand Original and White Portion are TOO bergamot for my current taste. I like their mint flavor, figured wintergreen would be too sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    Ha, had a meeting with a vendor yesterday and one of the guys was Swedish and he had a can on the table right in front of him.
    Nice!

I'm a big fan of the Siberia -80c. It's very strong and 2 pouches will put me into a pretty nice buzz and spend most of my days gutting Copenhagen wintergreen. I picked it up at snus central. It's an online store with lots of options for flavors and strengths. Ill say again Siberia is definitely not for beginners.
    Sometimes the sharpest blade is not enough.

The quest for mediocrity will be easily attained by those who seek it...and those who have a different goal will always be a reminder of where they failed.
    Gabe

DIE LIVING

I order exclusively from SnusCentral. Siberia is one of the ridiculously strong snus' I was talking about.

For just tobacco snus I use Grov stark. Then its The Lab 02. My all time favorite is Thunder 10th Anniversary. This was a limited run that should be brought back. I still have 5 cans in the freezer for special occasions.

The bergamot snus' are a nice change up from the tobacco only. If you can't get past that try General Onyx. It is a premium blend that uses lemon oil instead of bergamot.

I bought a sample pack of wintergreen to try. I think general is the best. It's a white portion so you don't get a bad drip.

I've liked all the mint flavors I've tried.

Alternate flavors. Odens Extreme Vanilla, my go to.
    I also am a fan of Jakobsson's. All flavors. Especially the melon.

There are just so many types and flavors. You should order some and enjoy.

Shipping is outrageous. Order enough to offset that.

As for American snus. Stay away. Too much sugar. The industry is not forthcoming with ingredients or how it's made. I never got a vanilla taste out of Camel mellow. Just lots of molasses. Swedish snus is actually regulated by their version of the FDA. General came up with a quality standard that exceeds the regulations.

There is a lot of good info out there and good snus reviews on Youtube.

Need any thing else just ask.

Snus on.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk