Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Op- was that a mil spec buffer tube or a commercial? Mil spec tubes are alot stronger then the commerical but not by much. Steel buffer tube would only work if the lower was steel too cuz then the lower will crack due to the strength of the steel buffer tube.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    Op- was that a mil spec buffer tube or a commercial? Mil spec tubes are alot stronger then the commerical but not by much. Steel buffer tube would only work if the lower was steel too cuz then the lower will crack due to the strength of the steel buffer tube.
    I'm not sure, I just pulled some images off of Google for visuals.

I agree with all of y'all that are saying the buffer tube is stronger than I think, that's a good thing. It makes sense that if the buffer tube is steel then we'd have issues with the threads on an aluminum lower.

I'm no mechanical engineer, so someone correct me if this is wrong, but it seems that we can't just say "attaching steel to aluminum means we still have weak aluminum." The thickness of Milspec buffer tube walls are only 0.073"...reeeeally thin. Here is a Magpul drawing of a Milspec tube: https://docs.google.com/gview?embedd...er-tube-M4.pdf

Seems to me that the aluminum of the receiver, being so much thicker, would be much stronger.

But as we've established, maybe this is a solution looking for a problem...

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

Just go buy one and test for yourself. Little point in conjecture in this subject.

I wasnt even aware anyone made steel steel tubes but it appears they do. An answer is as easy as using your credit card.

Here, I've even done a google search for one:
    http://www.nokick.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=1235
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.