Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    Moderation is for monks -Robert Heinlein
    Heinlein was intriguing. His words were often filled with wisdom. But his personal life was an experiment in debauchery.

Read him. Quote him. But do not emulate him.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    Moderation is for monks -Robert Heinlein
    Moderation is for cowards. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

I've given up coffee a few times over the years for a few days just to prove to myself I could do it.

Ive proven to myself that I can, so I have not interest in giving it up again.

I have a couple of friends who had to give it up for medical reasons. It's not so much an issue to get off of it, it is the loss of a small but significant joy in life
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Daily use of caffeine to the point of "needing" it to function normally is a bad thing. It can slow reaction time and cause one to be more prone to mood swings and impatience.

A study was done giving spiders various drugs to see how it would affect their ability to spin a web. The gave them meth, vote, heroin, etc. The most screwed up webs were spun on caffeine. The splitting headaches when deprived of the drug should be a sign of its toxic effect.

All things in moderation, sure. But one man's moderation is another's addiction.
    Dave Sauer

"The path which leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant." --Musashi

Onward & Upward!

You mean these spiders?

That's hilarious.
    Dave Sauer

"The path which leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant." --Musashi

Onward & Upward!

You lost me when you mentioned giving up coffee totally. I drink mine black. With all the late nights I have pulled between work and school, coffee has been the reason I pulled thru those nights

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I never intended to completely give it up. I made it through the 40 days without a drop, it wasnt so bad towards the end. But I had a nice roast on that first day after with my wife. It was good. I also have been sticking to one, maybe two coffees a day and nothing past the late afternoon. I drastic reduction to my intake before and so far it has been working out quite well.

Here is something I heard recently that helped put the coffee thing in perspective -- coffee is the only bitter herb that most North Americans consume in any quantity.

Which probably helps explain some of the health benefits noted in this thread.