Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    As an old song says" It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world" Think it was John Prine. But I think he wrote it and someone else made all the scratch

Nice things to have are grandad's old revolvers or any other peashooters that's way out of the system

Probably 20 years ago I had a sheriff's deputy interject himself into a conversation I was having with a clerk. I was buying .45 ammo and he proceeded to tell me that I needed to switch to a 9mm. He informed me that if I shot someone with a .45 then I would go to jail and be sued by the family. That is why his department issued 9mm. Because of the liability of shooting someone with a .45. I informed him that their round of choice was the least of their liability problems. He didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindoc View Post
    Probably 20 years ago I had a sheriff's deputy interject himself into a conversation I was having with a clerk. I was buying .45 ammo and he proceeded to tell me that I needed to switch to a 9mm. He informed me that if I shot someone with a .45 then I would go to jail and be sued by the family. That is why his department issued 9mm. Because of the liability of shooting someone with a .45. I informed him that their round of choice was the least of their liability problems. He didn't get it.
    The worst part of that entire story was the "if it was true" factor. To think that mindset was out there...ignorance at its finest!

Some years later I had a clerk tell me that he would not get a CHL. His theory was that if he was ever arrested he would be expected to know the law if he had a CHL but if he didn't have it then he is more likely to get away with shooting someone or carrying illegally. I asked him if he ever heard the term "Ignorance of the law is no excuse?" He just gave me a weird look and proceeded to pontificate to the other idiot in the store. Never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindoc View Post
    Some years later I had a clerk tell me that he would not get a CHL. His theory was that if he was ever arrested he would be expected to know the law if he had a CHL but if he didn't have it then he is more likely to get away with shooting someone or carrying illegally. I asked him if he ever heard the term "Ignorance of the law is no excuse?" He just gave me a weird look and proceeded to pontificate to the other idiot in the store. Never went back.
    It's scary to think that these nimrods are not only voting, but driving vehicles in the opposing lanes that you are occupying. Stupidity is running rampant with impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
    It's scary to think that these nimrods are not only voting, but driving vehicles in the opposing lanes that you are occupying. Stupidity is running rampant with impunity.
    Even worse, they are reproducing.
    2 Timothy Chapter 4 : 2-4
    2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
    3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    "If you get a class 3 gun, They can come into your house to inspect it any time they want."

"Use a revolver because it doesn't leave evidence behind." (Apparently the dead guy doesn't count as evidence and will not be mentioned in any report?)

"If you use hollow points, the prosecutor will call you a cop killer and you'll go to jail!"
    I was told #1 when I was a young man in the early eighties when you could still transfer machine guns. Looking at the price of automatic firearms now I would like to punch that guy in the mouth. Actually, shame on me for not doing my own research!
    GOOD GUY'S SHOOT AK'S!

The DOG HOUSE is my comfort zone!

Ran into one of these today;

Don't get a CHL because they will start tracking you.

Dont carry a major caliber as that shows intent to kill.

Dont carry a Glock for the same reason, and it makes you look like a wannabe cop. Same for premium ammo.

Find something in .32 or .38 Spl so you don't seem too militant.

According to this guy I will automatically be found guilty and be sued if I do any of the above. I guess the tanto won't help either.

jim
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

The store I worked at had a shooting range that was open to the public and rented guns to try out. Of course we would always have a few disadvantaged yoots who would come in reaking of pot wanting to shoot. I would always politely decline to serve them and usually was rewarded with a tirade about being full of shite and being racist etc etc etc.

They all kept trying to convince me it was just a cigar or incense or momma's cooking etc etc until I would pick up the phone and say "Lets call the local PD and let them decide". Every single one decided they didn't need a second opinion at that point.

JLE
    -----------------------------------
    Help provide free training to school staff
    http://www.FASTERSavesLives.org
    Help keep Ohio's Legislature Pro-Gun
    http://www.BuckeyeFirearms.org